The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Motivation and Studio Organisation
Old 8th October 2017
Gear Maniac

Motivation and Studio Organisation

Ever since I made the switch from just working to the computer to hardware, I noticed that my output of actual music has dropped a great deal.

My biggest problem is that I have no fixed setup, but rather try different combinations of mixers, drummachines, synths, fx, etc. So it always takes a a huge amount of time to find the right cables (balanced, unbalanced, connecters, converters), connect everything, configure the soundcard etc. and while I love gear, I sometimes just don't have the stamina for this process and loose motivation :3

Do you have any essential tips on studio organisation? Do you use a patchbay or do you have mini setups that you work with for a while and then change again?
Old 9th October 2017
special guest

I am very chaotic and unorganised and know exactly what you mean. I always have mini setups everywhere around the house, whatever I feel like playing or programming ,having mulitasking projects etc. so it gets messy pretty fast...

Practically a solution is quite ease:
Get those office style plastic cabinet boxes with drawers - each having their own cables/converters/adapters etc. and label them

Motivation and Studio Organisation-screen-shot-2017-10-09-11.36.03.png

Mental Stamina:
The thought alone that something won't be incepted and will be forever lost in time is already enough motivation sometimes
Attached Thumbnails
Motivation and Studio Organisation-screen-shot-2017-10-09-11.36.03.png  

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search