The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Synthesis Beginner Tips --> MicroKorg Keyboard Synthesizers
Old 3rd October 2017
Here for the gear

Synthesis Beginner Tips --> MicroKorg

Hello Danny,

I'm an absolute newbie to synthesis - actually I got a MicroKorg a good while ago, but never really got to use it. I've watched N.Y. School Intro to Synthesis and some stuff like that so at least, I have a conception now what a synth actually is Now I really want to get into it!

The MicroKorg was a good choice to start tho I guess (do you agree?). Would you have any special tips for synth beginners and maybe some fun stuff to do with the MicroKorg once I've learned how to program it?

Thank you very much for this Q&A & all your other contributions to culture! Also good luck with your garden project (that is the most AWESOME idea I've heard in a while)! I Love your music!

Peace 2 u & the other people here!
Namaste

P.S.: Order of the Shadow Wolf rules!
Old 4th October 2017
special guest

Thanks for the kind words Credo23,

Yeah the Microkorg is awesome a true little workhorse…or pony (or donkey?)
Be sure to check out the software editor Downloads | microKORG - Sound Editor | KORG (USA) though its really easy to program it from the microkorg itself, sometimes editing it from another angle can give surprising new sounds.

Already start doing fun stuff - thats part of the learning process, thats the cool thing about electronic music production just mucking about and having no idea whats going on sometimes- thats how some great records were made in the past (especially in the early days of techno/house/electro etc.)
maybe get a cool effects box to put behind the korg, some delay pedal so you can space out and make the Microkorg interdimensional

Also you can layer 2 sounds over each other giving you 4 oscillators instead of 2 - with that you can make incredible harmonic deep space pads if you change the pitch on each oscillator (i.e. make a chord on one sound…pitch Osc 2 +3 Osc 3 + 5 Osc 4 + 7…stuff like that)
Old 4th October 2017
Here for the gear

Nice man thank you!!
Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search