The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Pressing vinyl in these days
Old 1st October 2017
Lives for gear

Pressing vinyl in these days

Hi Danny,

My question is about the distribution of vinyl. As i am thinking to invest in pressing a limited amount of vinyl (300) i presume you have experience and can share some things about that process. The biggest problem is to get the vinyl into different shops so they can spread from there to different shops.

Not all distributors are willing to distribute new artists...or do they?
Do you have only 1 distributor or multiple? Which?
Are you still a vinyllover?

Thanks
Old 9th October 2017
special guest

I dunno, distributors must find new stuff too all the time to survive....and if the music is happenin' and good I am sure you will find a distributor sooner or later...and if you can't find one just do it from the back of your trunk, selling to shops or direct to customers. Thats how a lot of labels started when they couldn't find a distributor.

I only have one distributor for my Nightwind records and that is Clone in Rotterdam.

I like vinyl, but its not like I am some kind of vinyl fascist w*nker that claims vinyl is the greatest because its not...far from it....sound quality wise its not the greatest....it has a limited frequency range, limited amount of time, its bad for the enviroment and what else not
I always find the "vinyl only thing" highly dubious...al this blablah about having a 'special product'...its like some tofee-nosed presumptious fake superiority complex...it really should be about the music itself....Its like imprisoning the music on a slab of plastic...for me there is no difference between a digital release and a vinyl release - I only check if the music is good or whack and don't care what the medium is.

but its like this vinyl only thing sometimes is used to hide the fact that the music is boring or something...I am ranting too much now

its all cool...like I said I enjoy vinyl and its a medium that is important in certain scenes and I love designing the album covers and how they are little paintings you can almost use as art to put on the wall. And that there is this endless superdork scene around it in all shapes and sizes. A lot more nightwind LPs coming up in the future! (but also on cassette/CD/digital and whatelse not )
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search