The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Entry level line? Different designs?
Old 22nd December 2020
Lives for gear

4 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Entry level line? Different designs?

Dear Klaus&Freddy,
The small 2way Hedd 05 offered a great bang for the buck, so to say.. a good quality monitor for a rather reasonable price.

Now with the new MK2 raising in price are you thinking of doing an entry level model, with a similar pricing/quality ratio as before? (for the ones who could not afford the MK2 version?)
Like a new model that is good quality as your current loudspeaker but offered with less features/bells&whistles to keep the price reasonably low (for a high quality monitor)?
Or keeping the 05/07 without DSP?

Despite the “entry level line” mentioned above, are you considering other designs for your loudspeakers? Like a coaxial design? Or one without your famous AMT tweeter?

Thank you for your time!

Cheu
Old 27th December 2020
Special Guest

Hello Cheu,

the - in fact necessary - price increase for the MK2 two way systems asks for entry level answers, of course. But this nothing around the corner, one day…

If you manage to design a linear phase loudspeaker by FIR filters the main advantage of coaxial designs not only is compensated, the timely behavior is even better, so we will not do coaxial systems in the foreseeable future.

We of course keep an eye on different tweeters, as long as we do have the impression that the AMT is more precise we will stay with it. In fact we do have this impression.

Greetings

Klaus
Old 27th December 2020 | Show parent
Lives for gear

4 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by klaush12 ➡️
Hello Cheu,

the - in fact necessary - price increase for the MK2 two way systems asks for entry level answers, of course. But this nothing around the corner, one day…

If you manage to design a linear phase loudspeaker by FIR filters the main advantage of coaxial designs not only is compensated, the timely behavior is even better, so we will not do coaxial systems in the foreseeable future.

We of course keep an eye on different tweeters, as long as we do have the impression that the AMT is more precise we will stay with it. In fact we do have this impression.

Greetings

Klaus
Thank you Klaus!
I thought the keeping the 05 and 07 mk1 in the line without dsp (with the lineariser plugin) would have been a good temporary solution..
but I imagine there might be other manufacturing factors or planning decisions that I’m not aware of, and that make this option not possible.

Anyway I wish and hope you could have some good days with your loved ones, despite the situation.

Thanks for taking the time for doing this!

Cheu