The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
recommendations on reference tracks
Old 1st July 2018
Gear Addict

recommendations on reference tracks

hey klas,
thank you for doing this q + a!
im wondering if there are any tracks which you feel are good to use as reference in the house/techno genre - from any years, but also could be interesting to have a sense of recent tracks which you feel are crafted on a very high level and suitable to use as reference when mixing or working in the studio

i suppose this is also partially an aesthetic preference, but as a dj too im sure you have tracks which seem to translate very well on any sound system ? this is something im always curious to learn about thanks
Old 4th July 2018
Hey there,
Sorry about the delay first, had a few days of rest after some festival madness..

Really interesting question as it's sometimes really hard to pinpoint any 'best sounding' or most relevant production. Each mastering or mixing job I do is different and needs special attention. Sometimes I get some earlier work from the artist, or some reference material from well known artists. But for me personally the reference is really the final mix approved by the client / artist.

Music in general is so personal so I think referencing to other persons work or mindset is kind of useless. When it comes to the technical part, ie mastering I think we all have our preferences, depending on format and music style.

So really hard to say, I have some fave tunes but it´s another thread I guess

Klas

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Gabriel View Post
hey klas,
thank you for doing this q + a!
im wondering if there are any tracks which you feel are good to use as reference in the house/techno genre - from any years, but also could be interesting to have a sense of recent tracks which you feel are crafted on a very high level and suitable to use as reference when mixing or working in the studio

i suppose this is also partially an aesthetic preference, but as a dj too im sure you have tracks which seem to translate very well on any sound system ? this is something im always curious to learn about thanks
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search