The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Top 3 do's and don'ts?
Old 17th May 2016
Lives for gear

Top 3 do's and don'ts?

приятно да се запознаем Kink!

HUGE fan, I have literally 80 of your tracks going back to 2008. Many thanks for diong this, I was so impressed that you're making time to do this and of course grateful to the mods that fiixed it up...good call!

I have a ton of questions but I'll try and keep them separate and simple.

What are your top 3 do's and don'ts in terms of getting things done AKA good and not-so-good work habits?

Thanks again!

(ps, when are you coming to Japan??)
Old 17th May 2016
Special Guest

well, thank you very much for your support! Nice to meet you too От България ли си?

thank you for keeping it simple, I'm on a permanent world tour its not easy to catch up with the questions here and i want to pay full attention to everyone.

not in particular order:

1. the whole composition / recording is more important than the little detail inside. Spending 5 hours to make the hi-hats perfect won`t make the whole track remarkable.
2. look for a significant element in your music, if the track sounds average and you try to "fix" it by adding more elements, or refining the sound, I believe it`s a waste of time. Better start from scratch, looking for a really strong sketch which is worth the time to be finished.
3. Learn your tools inside out. Often a smaller "studio", with 3-4 instruments, which you know inside out can give way better results, than getting lost in a big setup.

Other than that, I guess the internet is an enemy in the studio, if i was not online, i would get the music done way faster and better and one of my main rules for my live set - if I don't use a new addition in 2-3 shows in a row, I remove it, in favour of something else, possibly more useful.

Tokyo- 2-4 June ill be at Taico festival on 4-5th let me know if you want to come to the festival or maybe meet at Five G store hehe?
Topic:
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search