The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
What are your favorite TR-8 setting?
Old 15th May 2016
Here for the gear

What are your favorite TR-8 setting?

What is your favorite Kit setting and Patterns? and to which sounds do you add the individual delay or reverb effect to? and which settings do you use for the delay and the reverb?
Old 17th May 2016
Special Guest

good question I`m a TR-909 addict, so I mostly use the 909 kit. I usually use the kits, as they are in the original drum machines. 909 as 909, TR-808 as 808, i mix up the TR-707 and TR-727 a bit. most of the drums i take from 707, but the percussions are coming from 727. Effects - quite important - I don't have delay on the kick, clap and the toms. No reverb on the kick. Its just the way I like it. I use reverbs and delays while removing some sounds, so the setting i have works best for me. Scatter - on 10, depth - 1, it makes a clean reverse effect, i use it a lot. works only if there is no Shuffle applied. Scatter - 6 / depth 1-10 performs a clean repeat / looping effect without glitches / randomisation, i find that useful too. Patterns - I don't use patterns, i start with a blank pattern and I just program it and change it on the fly. I don't like the accent, it accents all instruments together. I like the option to add strong and weak sounds in TR-Rec mode, with key combination of the desired instrument button + the desired step button (weak sound) and only the step button (strong sound). I think thats it more or less
Old 19th May 2016
Here for the gear

Thank you so much for your help and your time. You are a great inspiration for me. God bless you.
Topic:
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search