The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
What was headspace when you wrote some of your favourite songs?
Old 13th May 2016
Here for the gear

What was headspace when you wrote some of your favourite songs?

Yo KiNK,

Long time fan really love almost all of your work & your live show is by far one of the most exciting things i have ever seen.

I'm curious to the know the headspace you were in when writing some of your favourite tracks. Or even some of my favourites like Express, Pocket Piano & your remix for Daniel avery.

<please contact KiNK directly if you want to share your music with him.>

All the best KiNK!

You will continue to make others happy with your music.

Last edited by Reptil; 13th May 2016 at 12:11 PM.. Reason: -
Old 13th May 2016
Special Guest

writing tracks generally - always super exciting in the beginning and a struggle to finish them. Your favorites - they have a story. Basically in the past few years (since Express) i`ve been very busy with travelling, so as I said - in the beginning there was a big excitement and in the moments of working on finalizing the arrangements, unfortunately it felt a bit like a job. Because if I dont want to miss my flight / gig or to f#ck up the release schedule of the label with months, I had to finish in time. And making music is not always something you can calculate by hours. So since the time, when I made Express, I make sure each track has a good personal story and I need to finish it, not only because it`s my job. When I was a kid, in the early 90`s, in the summer vacations I was going with a train from Sofia to a village, where my grandmother`s family comes from. It`s a 5 hours ride. No tablets, iphones and laptops at that time. 5 hours sitting inside the train and listening to that railroad sound. I was already into techno at that time, so I was listening to this train sound for hours.. I imagined it sounds like a techno beat. Or a bit like the Amen breakbeat. I thought it would be so cool if someone makes a track out of it. Well, nearly 20 years later I had the technical ability to do it and I did it Pocket Piano - I was in San Francisco and i visited a really amazing synthesiser store, called Robotspeak. I had a nice chat with the owner and I bought Critter & Guitari Pocket Piano. A very nicely built little digital synth. Overall my stay in San Francisco was great, so I decided to make a track, reminiscent of the nice vibe in the city and the people I`ve met. Also I used the Pocket Piano synth for the main riff Daniel Avery remix - well, I`m a big fan of Daniel Avery His track is very beautiful and I wanted to do something really raw and banging as a contrast.. Looks like i`ve gone too far, because after I sent a short demo - the guys at the label asked me if i can do something more euphoric, in my style I decided to take some inspiration from Orbital / Golden Girls / Kinetic, but the mix ended up a bit more on the cheesy side for my taste.. Luckily the people like it generally.. But I play the raw / unreleased mix in my sets

music - I`m curious to hear, but i don`t promisse a quick response..
Topic:
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search