The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Roland TR-8 used as main drum machine for music production
Old 12th May 2016
Here for the gear

Roland TR-8 used as main drum machine for music production

Hi KiNK,

First of all many thanks for your all answers - So much inspiration for me!

You are using TR-8 very extensively as an Live performance tool, but have you ever used TR-8 as an main drum machine in any of your productions ? Did you try? What was the feeling in compare of live performance ?

Greetings from Poland!
Piotr
Old 13th May 2016
Special Guest

Hi Piotr,

I play the TR-8 every day and I use it in my live sets all the time, since i bought it, but for some reasons I never used the TR-8 in my productions, I guess mainly because i`m still very connected to my computer, when I produce, but I believe i`ll do it in the future. I just bought another really amazing drum machine, Acidlab Drumatix (606 clone, but really expanded). You can get the same sound more or less with plugins, but the way you play it - you cant get it with software. The same for TR-8, so i guess in the future i`ll use more of a TR-8 / Drumatix combo in my records
Old 14th May 2016
Here for the gear

I was obsessed about classic sounds of Roland 808, 909 almost two years. I had everything in my head, the ideas and when I finally bought TR-8 a week ago - I've started push all of thoughts into TR-8 and production.

Cause of my "obsession" I forgot about other drum machines and you just mention about Acidlab Drumatix - The waterfall of new ideas just goes on through my head.

If you will came some day to Poland I will try to catch up with you and chat more about hardware stuff.

Thank you!

Best,
Piotr
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search