The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
releasing your first tracks
Old 12th May 2016
Here for the gear

releasing your first tracks

first of all, thanks for your great work and live performances, you are a true inspiration!

my question: whenever you started producing and finishing your first tracks. how did you get them released? it think its pretty hard nowadays to get labels or artists even listening to your music when basically no one knows you. do you have any tips for us?

thanks
Old 17th May 2016
Special Guest

Hi and thank you for your big compliment!
it`s hard, now and before too. It took me 7 years since i got into electronic music, to get any gear to start producing. Then 6 more years till I released my first record, 2 more till i released my first successful one and then I had to start learning how to play live from scratch and developing a new career, as it was difficult with the DJing.
I signed music to labels, because of few coincidences, but I was ready for it, because I was making music and playing it as a DJ for years before that moment.

if you are a really outstanding producer - there is no chance that you don’t get released, we just don’t know how long it will take. Its something that another artist told me during one of my lowest points, while trying to make music full time. I couldn’t believe it, i thought there is some sort of conspiracy against me, i thought I’m so great, but the world is against me, for over a decade. Then I found some weak spots in my music, I also became more active on the web and the things started to happen. Tips - everything helps. The main thing is your music and your presence on stage. Nowadays the social media gives us a lot of power. I got some good bookings, because of funny little videos on youtube, also I signed on one of my favourite labels, because of Myspace. You have to be great at everything and you have to channel your music to the right places. If you make real techno - its pointless to send your demos to labels that release commercial music and so on. All the labels are constantly looking for fresh talent, but they are flooded with average demos. If you are persistant, use the social media, make friends, it will work. It might take some time, but probably less than in my case.
Old 18th May 2016
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiNK303 View Post
i thought I’m so great, but the world is against me, for over a decade. Then I found some weak spots in my music,
can you pls tell us what those weak spots were so we can learn from them too?
thank you!
Old 19th May 2016
Special Guest

Quote:
Originally Posted by bal5000 View Post
can you pls tell us what those weak spots were so we can learn from them too?
thank you!
I was focusing too much on the detail and sound design and I was forgetting about the magic of the simplicity. I used to say that once i reduced the "quality" of my productions, I became more successful. Which is not completely true, I still try to give 100% when I make music, but I focus less on the detail, more on the pure feeling. Also I thought I was not lucky with contacts and having chances, which looking back now I see it was not completely true. I should be more active, open positive and I should send my music to labels, that match my sound better.
Topic:
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search