The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
When starting a new track, what is your process?
Old 11th May 2016
Lives for gear

When starting a new track, what is your process?

Hello KiNK,

Really enjoy your jams and hope to catch you live one day.

When you start a new track, what is your process?

Do you usually start with an idea? Or a sound/sample? What do you work on first?

A finally as a bonus question:

What was your biggest "ah-ha!" moment in music?

Cheers!
Old 12th May 2016
Special Guest

there are few cases. Most often I`m inspired by something I`ve listened to, before it was the music I listen at home, now it comes more from the DJs i listen to every weekend. Other than that - could be a sample, I often listen to different kinds of music from the 60`s and 70`s, digging for sounds and inspiration. And last but also important - when I learn a new instrument. Could be a software plugin or a piece of hardware. I try to force myself to record everytime when i switch on my hardware. For me starting is quite easy, i do it everyday. Finishing is the hard part

the biggest ah-ha moment - they were a lot, like compression, weird quantisations in the rhythm FFT based spectral processing, probbability, but both things that formed my sound was finding my way of using distortion in the mixing process and also atonality. Both aproaches are used very carefully in my music, but that`s my main ingredient.
Old 12th May 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiNK303 View Post
there are few cases. Most often I`m inspired by something I`ve listened to, before it was the music I listen at home, now it comes more from the DJs i listen to every weekend. Other than that - could be a sample, I often listen to different kinds of music from the 60`s and 70`s, digging for sounds and inspiration. And last but also important - when I learn a new instrument. Could be a software plugin or a piece of hardware. I try to force myself to record everytime when i switch on my hardware. For me starting is quite easy, i do it everyday. Finishing is the hard part

the biggest ah-ha moment - they were a lot, like compression, weird quantisations in the rhythm FFT based spectral processing, probbability, but both things that formed my sound was finding my way of using distortion in the mixing process and also atonality. Both aproaches are used very carefully in my music, but that`s my main ingredient.
Thats great, thanks for the reply.

Very interesting what you say about using distortion during mixing!
Topic:
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search