The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Do you ever tire of the 4/4 'techno' format?
Old 9th May 2016
Gear Addict

Do you ever tire of the 4/4 'techno' format?

If so, how to you scratch that itch?

Any approaches to composition that you employ specifically to stave of stagnation?

You are amazing!

Thanks
Old 11th May 2016
Special Guest

I`m into the 4/4 format since 1991 and even before that, when I was into disco and I didn`t get tired of it, but I love the more broken stuff, Autechre, Amon Tobin and Aphex Twin have been a big inspiration. Also i`m deep into Jungle / early Dnb and hardcore breakbeats. Yes, once in a while I want to do something different and i do it (check my album Under Destruction on Macro, Aphex KiNK releases on Sharivari, etc..) so once in a while I do something for my own pleasure, but it doesnt get that popular and people don`t notice. Talking about the limitations of the 4/4 formula - i look at it as a very creative challenge. Its a very conservative formula, where everything has been done. I look at it as a challenge, how to be creative and fresh, in a situation, where you can`t be, like to make a remarkable meal with very basic ingredients. Saying all that - i`m planning to have more broken records. I don`t wait to reveal anything, before the music is done (cause im super busy with gigs, takes ages for me to finish anything) but i`m planning a record on a very good DnB label
Old 11th May 2016
Gear Addict

very exciting indeed - thanks dude!
Old 12th May 2016
WELL I DIG YOUR BREAKY STUFF MASSIVELY SO MORE BREAKBEAT FROM THE KINKENIZER PLEASE! haha
Old 13th May 2016
Gear Addict

yeah thats 'APHEX KiNK' EP is BALLS - OUT! I love that you wear your heart on your sleeve with regard to influences.

its all still 4/4 though..strictly speaking.

not detracting from how - awesome it is!
Old 15th May 2016
Here for the gear

We all love your music. can't wait to hear that different kink side.
Topic:
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search