The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Popular vsts
Old 9th May 2016
Gear Maniac

Popular vsts

Do you have some not so secret tips for plugins. I heard somewhere that you were using some old vsts that was part of you workflow and you cannt upgrade because of that. But you didnt mention what it was. Do you have some digi plugins that makes some olschool vibe to digital recordings (virtual instruments)?
Old 11th May 2016
Special Guest

basically I have no secrets I was using Jescola Buzz software in the period 1998 - 2015. It`s a free modular software, which reminds a bit of Reaktor and Max/Msp, but it`s way more simple to operate. I`m not going to get deep into explaining it, but there is a huge library of plugins in Buzz, which are very unique and highly customisable, because of the modular fashion of the software. Maybe that`s what I ment. What I was into were mosly "Fast Fourier Transform" based spectral processing plugins, also so called "sample and hold" plugins, which basically were resampling stuff real time (like dBlue Glitch) but way more controllable and subtle. Since I`m into more "traditional" house and techno, it didnt make sense for me to stick to Buzz, as its pretty impossible to use it together with hardware. Buzz with the "trackers" inside is the best and the beat machine ever (no wonder why all the Breakcore artists are using trackers.) If we speak about VST plugins - there are some old free and paid ones, which are available only for PC, like DubBox and ET 301 (tape delay emulations) by ArcDev Industries and the best synth strings ever, Musicrow Vintage Strings (you can hear those in most of my tracks). Another free PC only plugin that I used for an emblematic sound in my tracks is Wok String Chorus. And probbably the craziest plugin I use and it will be missed if i move on Mac would be DT BlckFx, originally a Jeskola Buzz plugin, converted to a VST at some point. Check it out, you will see one of the main reasons i was so crazy about Buzz. Other effects to mention - FalkeLab Stringer (used in many of my tracks) Syncer (the manufacturer of many copies of classic Russian synths, they sound wicked), Virtual Creations - Ultra Phaser, probbably my favorite phaser plugin, Anarchy Effects - Cockscrew (I see they are available for Mac now), another little plugin i used a lot is called Tapeworm, i cant even figure out whats the name of the manufacturer.. I used this one often in our productions with Neville Watson. It was difficult, as i couldnt pass it to him he is a Mac user
Old 11th May 2016
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiNK303 View Post
basically I have no secrets I was using Jescola Buzz software in the period 1998 - 2015. It`s a free modular software, which reminds a bit of Reaktor and Max/Msp, but it`s way more simple to operate. I`m not going to get deep into explaining it, but there is a huge library of plugins in Buzz, which are very unique and highly customisable, because of the modular fashion of the software. Maybe that`s what I ment. What I was into were mosly "Fast Fourier Transform" based spectral processing plugins, also so called "sample and hold" plugins, which basically were resampling stuff real time (like dBlue Glitch) but way more controllable and subtle. Since I`m into more "traditional" house and techno, it didnt make sense for me to stick to Buzz, as its pretty impossible to use it together with hardware. Buzz with the "trackers" inside is the best and the beat machine ever (no wonder why all the Breakcore artists are using trackers.) If we speak about VST plugins - there are some old free and paid ones, which are available only for PC, like DubBox and ET 301 (tape delay emulations) by ArcDev Industries and the best synth strings ever, Musicrow Vintage Strings (you can hear those in most of my tracks). Another free PC only plugin that I used for an emblematic sound in my tracks is Wok String Chorus. And probbably the craziest plugin I use and it will be missed if i move on Mac would be DT BlckFx, originally a Jeskola Buzz plugin, converted to a VST at some point. Check it out, you will see one of the main reasons i was so crazy about Buzz. Other effects to mention - FalkeLab Stringer (used in many of my tracks) Syncer (the manufacturer of many copies of classic Russian synths, they sound wicked), Virtual Creations - Ultra Phaser, probbably my favorite phaser plugin, Anarchy Effects - Cockscrew (I see they are available for Mac now), another little plugin i used a lot is called Tapeworm, i cant even figure out whats the name of the manufacturer.. I used this one often in our productions with Neville Watson. It was difficult, as i couldnt pass it to him he is a Mac user
Wow, thank you very much. Lots of stuff to study (never heard of them).
Topic:
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search