All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Locut Filter
Old 8th May 2016
Gear Nut

Locut Filter

Hey KiNK!

I have another question;

Do you always locut your kick/bass?
You always locut them 2, or sometimes only one of them?
Also you do a locut on your entire mix on the master channel?
Old 9th May 2016
Special Guest

yeah actually just answered that in your other question I normally cut a bit of the bass on the drum group, as i like to distort my drums together, but i dont like to distort the very low frequencies. I dont highpass the drums ALWAYS, but very often. Then i bring back the bass with another eq after the dist. I normally dont cut the lows of my basslines, what i do to solve kick / bass conflicts is to separate the bass on two frequency bands (lets say below and above 90hz) and I would sidechain the bass below 90hz with the kick. Somehow I still cant get nice, deep sub frequencies, I guess because of all the distortions i add in the mix. I would love to have a clean, digital like sub bass in otherwise very dirty mix, still working on it
Old 12th May 2016
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiNK303 View Post
yeah actually just answered that in your other question I normally cut a bit of the bass on the drum group, as i like to distort my drums together, but i dont like to distort the very low frequencies. I dont highpass the drums ALWAYS, but very often. Then i bring back the bass with another eq after the dist. I normally dont cut the lows of my basslines, what i do to solve kick / bass conflicts is to separate the bass on two frequency bands (lets say below and above 90hz) and I would sidechain the bass below 90hz with the kick. Somehow I still cant get nice, deep sub frequencies, I guess because of all the distortions i add in the mix. I would love to have a clean, digital like sub bass in otherwise very dirty mix, still working on it
Have you tried using 2 master buses?
one for your song with distortion and one clean for that bass to blend with?
Old 13th May 2016
Special Guest

Quote:
Have you tried using 2 master buses?
one for your song with distortion and one clean for that bass to blend with?
it never worked for me with software really.. BUT today after reading your question I decided to give it one more try with my pedals and Mackie mixer. Actually it sounded great Just finished a track with that technique thanks
Old 15th May 2016
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiNK303 View Post
it never worked for me with software really.. BUT today after reading your question I decided to give it one more try with my pedals and Mackie mixer. Actually it sounded great Just finished a track with that technique thanks
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search