The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Tape on the 2bus
Old 8th May 2016
Gear Nut

Tape on the 2bus

Hey KiNK, thanks you and Gearslutz for giving us the oportunity to have our questions answered.

I heard about you using a Cassete Tape Recorder to pass your music throught cassete to get somo mojo...
Is that true? If yes, in what stage you do it, after the mix is ready on 2 bus or in individual channels?

Thks )
Old 9th May 2016
Special Guest

Yes it`s true, the most popular track of mine, which was recorded on tape is E79 on Ovum recordings. I recorded it on Revox A77 reel to reel recorder. I always record the final mix. It would be better to record separate channels and groups, but it would take so much time and effort, that I would lose interest in finishing the track. And as i wrote in another answer - the tape often introduces wow and flutter, which would make the mixing of the separate channels more difficult. Cassettes- I liked the sound more than the reel 2 reel, but it introduces bigger noise floor and i dont remember using cassettes on a released track. I wanted to do it, but at some point my cassette recorder broke down.
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search