The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Latency
Old 8th May 2016
Here for the gear
Latency

Hi Kink,
How do you deal with latency, especially with the TR8 and TB3.
Old 9th May 2016
Special Guest

Hi,

I use the TR-8 with other hardware via MIDI or with Ableton just by syncing it (i dont put audio channels back to Ableton) so i have a very little latency, which i cant hear or feel. Once in a while during a live set (maybe once per 20 gigs) the TR-8 goes out of sync and i have to add exactly 25 ms MIDI Clock Sync Delay on the MIDI output of my MIDI interface in Ableton, which immediately fixes the problem and i still dont feel it on the other instruments (I use TR-8 as my audio interface). Syncing TR-8 to other hardware - i haven`t got any problems. I`ve performed with the full Aira setup (MX-1, TR-8, TB-3, System-1) everyday for a week and everything was syncing without any latency. What exactly is your setup and problem?
Old 11th May 2016
Here for the gear
Thanks Kink. I was running TR8 through Ableton. I set it up like yours and it seems better. Do you playback TR8 in stereo or mono?
Old 11th May 2016
Special Guest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid Blast View Post
Thanks Kink. I was running TR8 through Ableton. I set it up like yours and it seems better. Do you playback TR8 in stereo or mono?
if you run it in mono - it will work mono as a soundcard too.. I didnt know and i played live in mono for 1-2 years now i run it in stereo I used to run it mono, because I used to put some analog synths (mono) in the TR-8 inputs..
Topic:
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search