The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
less is more... or?
Old 7th May 2016
Lives for gear

less is more... or?

hi mr kink. im a big fan by the way. i havent seen anyone more as one with their drum machine since mr mills and his 909. you truly make it an instrument that is played vs just hitting play- i love it!

simple question- do you feel it is better to have more instruments at the ready to have a large pool of sounds to pull from, or do you find yourself coming back to some of the same pieces of gear on a regular basis, even if you are more limited with what you can do with that gear?

i see pros and cons to both options. im just wondering what your opinion is. thanks!
Old 9th May 2016
Special Guest

Thank you for your compliments! Mills is my big influence, you can see that

Less is more. It`s a cliche, but it`s a cliche, because it`s true. I had two persiods in my life, when i slowed down a lot with my production. The first period was when i discovered the VST plugins and i was testing different software for a year. I`m not sure i finished even a single track. The other period was 2014, i dont think i produced more than 1-2 tracks, that was the moment, when i got deep into the Eurorack modular system. Of course, i am also very busy with my live gigs too. But having too many tools is a big distraction, I`m trying to fight with it. My biggest tracks are made with the most simple setups. But I LOVE gear! I guess it`s not good to go into any extreme. I go towards the more minimal aproach in terms of sounds and using less instruments in a composition, but i like to treat myself with devices that inspire me. I tell my girlfriend i need that for "work". If i have to be honnest - i need it for fun, i can do the "work" just with one laptop
Old 9th May 2016
Lives for gear

perfect answer man, thanks!
Topic:
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search