The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Sponsored By
  Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Kevin: I deeply appreciate your participation in the forum this way. My question regards getting a good bass sound in...

DonM
replies: 4 views: 4,055
Kevin Killen 7th February 2007

Hi Kevin, First I'd like to tell you how much I've enjoyed reading your posts in this Forum. I am a big fan of your work and...

Mike Butler
replies: 1 views: 3,105
Kevin Killen 6th February 2007

Hi Kevin, I am a big fan of your work, particularly an album that hasn't been mentioned much yet, which is Subcircus' album...

aidyhall
replies: 1 views: 3,249
Kevin Killen 6th February 2007

Kevin, Thanks for doing this. Your work is an inspiration. My question is you do a lot of mixing now in the box and also on...

MJGreene Audio
replies: 2 views: 2,734
MJGreene Audio 5th February 2007

Hi Kevin, Greetings from Dublin. It's great to have this Q&A with you! Aside from the fact that I could listen to absolutely...

juicylime
replies: 1 views: 2,954
Kevin Killen 5th February 2007

hey Kevin, I've been investigating how to distort lead vocals but am interested to hear if you have an opinion as to what I...

mrdeville
replies: 1 views: 2,590

Hi Kevin, Thanks so much for taking time to answer all of our questions. There is so much to learn and your contributions...

Fash
replies: 3 views: 2,036

Hi Kevin, I can't believe it's only been a few days since you payed us the honour of doing this Q+A here and I can honestly...

doorknocker
replies: 4 views: 4,042

I am not sure if I read correctly.. Do some of your artists ever twist your arm and take you on the road with them to do live...

Jules
replies: 1 views: 2,056

Hi Kevin, I was wondering how many Neve 1064A Mic Pre / Eq's you have? Could you also tell us why you like sticking them...

Jules
replies: 3 views: 4,301
Jules 5th February 2007

Kevin First of all, thak you for taking time out of a busy schedule to talk technique. Your mix and single mix credits...

Reggie Love
replies: 1 views: 2,688

Kevin Just wondering if you'd care to share any thoughts on working with Lindsey Buckingham. In addition to being an...

Mark Cattano
replies: 4 views: 4,431
sofa 5th February 2007

Hi Kevin, Awesome Q & A forum! I am curious to learn what direction you feel recording & mixing is headed...

Jules
replies: 3 views: 3,655

Hi Kevin, Where did you mix 'The Veltz Family' album?

Benjy King
replies: 1 views: 1,902
Kevin Killen 4th February 2007

Hello Mr. Killen I'd like to ask you,what are you going for when you start a session? Do you like to inject your personal flavor...

haryy
replies: 3 views: 2,581

Hi Kevin, James here from Cork in Ireland, in a small town in Inniscarra. I don't know if you get down to Cork alot...

jamesosullivan1
replies: 4 views: 2,313
jamesosullivan1 4th February 2007

Hello Mr. Killen, great to have you herekfhkh I really would find it helpful to know something about your take on gainstaging...

vandertone
replies: 2 views: 2,979
vandertone 4th February 2007

Kevin thanks again for doing this. I've always admired your work. One little gem of a record for me was Go On by Mr Mister. I...

Musiclab
replies: 1 views: 1,578

I don't think it's that well known but I've always loved the sound of this record & often use it as a mix reference for...

Berolzheimer
replies: 1 views: 2,244

Kevin, I love the sound of the White Limousine record. The vocal sound in particular is awesome - can you share any tips or...

toddro
replies: 1 views: 2,060

Hello Kevin, and thank you very much for joining us here to share your knowledge! Laurie Anderson's Bright Red is among my...

zarembo
replies: 1 views: 1,438

Hi Kevin - This record is a desert island disc to me, great songs, great performances, great tracking and a fabulous mix. What...

HudHudson
replies: 5 views: 2,419

Kevin, I was curious if you could talk a little about the business side of things relating the production and recording/mixing...

djui5
replies: 6 views: 3,375

Kevin what's a most current piece of gear you just can't get enough of? (Any new 'must have' gadjets? Thanks

clip6
replies: 4 views: 3,062
Kevin Killen 3rd February 2007

Hello Kevin and welcome! Could you tell a little about how you got your start in engineering? Also, what advice would you give to...

A.Y.
replies: 1 views: 2,312

Hi, Kevin. Thanks for sharing your time. Very kind. One of my favorite records of all time is "The Juliet...

Silver Sonya
replies: 1 views: 2,629

First, thanks very much for taking the time to do this! 'So' is one of my favorite albums and I've been fascinated by some of...

Dave Peck
replies: 1 views: 2,329

Kevin, I had posted a thread in another forum, but I see that you mixed this album. I gotta say, it sounds fantastic! One of...

scrubs
replies: 1 views: 3,252

Thank you for giving your time here. Just a quick question. Where you involved at all with Joe Hammer and the mixes of some of...

emkay
replies: 1 views: 1,639

Hi Kevin I first heared Bad when Bono pulled the chick/bird out of the crowd at Live Aid and I've been in love with the track...

thecount_x
replies: 3 views: 3,671
thecount_x 2nd February 2007

Hi Kevin!!! First thanks for sharing your knowlege here. My question is if you were involved in the development of the...

Guglielmino
replies: 2 views: 3,233
mrface2112 2nd February 2007

Hi Kevin, I have a couple of questions for you regarding some of your work with Duncan Sheik (Gerry Leonard rocks...

Schmacko
replies: 2 views: 2,704
toddro 2nd February 2007

Kiko is one of my favorite albums of all time. Do you have any fun facts about the making of this record? Perhaps some insight...

especht
replies: 2 views: 2,767
paterno 2nd February 2007

Hey. From the discography I noticed you did Kate Bush Sensual World. That is an amazing piece of work. Can you tell us a...

firby
replies: 1 views: 2,755
Kevin Killen 2nd February 2007

First of all thanks for spending some of your precious time with us!kfhkh 1. Which is your "essential" equipment...

G-Spot
replies: 1 views: 2,160

Hi Kevin, What do you use as reference during mixing process (or how do you select them)? Any preferences in monitors and what...

Barish
replies: 2 views: 3,812
Barish 2nd February 2007

Awesome glad to see you here. The mixes you did for Gina I really liked. Favorite SSL console? Tell us your thoughts on the...

clip6
replies: 2 views: 3,310
clip6 2nd February 2007

Hey Kevin -- been a big fan of your work all these years. I'm tempted to ask a lot of questions (especially about Shakira!), but...

GearHunter
replies: 3 views: 2,715
GearHunter 2nd February 2007

Do you ever work with unsigned acts? If so, how does that occur?

Walker_ATL
replies: 1 views: 2,080

Hey Kevin, thanks for your time, One of my favourite song intros is that in Red Rain on Peter G's "So". After the...

Tubthumper
replies: 1 views: 2,496

Hi Kevin, thanks for doing it, you work with elvis costello inspired me a lot! in another thread you mention you have 5 of...

lowswing
replies: 1 views: 3,531

Hi Kevin, Could you also please tell us about the bass and drums treatment in "Red Rain" from the same album? What a...

Barish
replies: 2 views: 3,685

Hi Kevin, what would you consider the key to creating great space within a mix without compromising the tonal qualities of the...

url
replies: 4 views: 3,445

Hey Kev -- You gave me a great piece of advice when we worked together years ago, and I always credit you for it. It was --...

paterno
replies: 5 views: 2,680
Barish 2nd February 2007

Hello Kevin nice to have you here. I love a lot of your work, So and especially Unforgettable Fire are my favs but let's start...

bcgood
replies: 2 views: 2,545
bcgood 2nd February 2007

So is one of my favorite records ever... anything you could share about that record would be awesome... i'd be really...

taturana
replies: 8 views: 7,038
Berolzheimer 2nd February 2007

Kevin, This album has some of the most interesting sound treatmetns, especially compared to other albums released at that...

Alex Wyler
replies: 2 views: 4,812
redddog 2nd February 2007

Hi there Kevin... Great to see you here on Gearslutz!! So nice of you to share your time and techniques. Speaking of...

GilWave
replies: 3 views: 3,446
GilWave 2nd February 2007

So I might as well get this question out of the way. Do you have any projects that you mix (inside / In The Box - without a...

starkey
replies: 2 views: 5,356
redddog 1st February 2007

Hi Kevin, thanks so much for doing this. There are many 'urban myths' circulating about tracking Bono's vox... Would you...

krs
replies: 2 views: 6,638
Mike Jasper 1st February 2007

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search