The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Using a compressor/gate as an effect on PA mix
Old 23rd February 2007
Gear interested

Question Using a compressor/gate as an effect on PA mix

Has anyone every used the comp/gate as an effect on a mixing board??? That way I could just add it to the channels with vocals and kick drum...... I have a dual channel compressor/gate.... Maybe compress the whole mix with one channel, soft knee, and use the other through effect 2 for voc and kick??? Is there a trick I don't know about here???? Thanx, Brent
Old 28th February 2007
engineer / producer / mixer

Quote:
Originally Posted by brentworthy View Post
Has anyone every used the comp/gate as an effect on a mixing board??? That way I could just add it to the channels with vocals and kick drum...... I have a dual channel compressor/gate.... Maybe compress the whole mix with one channel, soft knee, and use the other through effect 2 for voc and kick??? Is there a trick I don't know about here???? Thanx, Brent

Your question is a little vague. if you mean using a compressor / gate as an insert across the main mix buss, of course that is possible . You could have some element key the sidechain bit I am not sure what the net effect would be as it is totally dependent on the program maerial.

Kevin
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search