The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Shakira, Rick Rubin, Fijacion Oral Vol 1
Old 12th February 2007
Lives for gear

Shakira, Rick Rubin, Fijacion Oral Vol 1

Hey again Kevin.

As a fan of Shakira, especially her pre 2001 all-Spanish music, I am of the opinion that she writes and sings more musically and more lyrically in her native tongue than she does in English. After all, Spanish as a more sensual and musical language.

Your discography shows engineering credit on Fijacion Oral, Volumen Uno, an all-Spanish project (yay!) I greatly prefer the material on this CD to Volume 2, the english sequel, and the ensuing "Hip Don't Lie" mega-hit

What was your role on these releases, and did you work directly with Rick Rubin or Shakira?
Old 14th February 2007
engineer / producer / mixer

Drew,

I worked on tracks that were intended for both projects simultaneously up at the Warehouse studios in Vancouver. Shakira was there pretty much full time and is a very commited and driven artist. I never got to meet Rick Rubin as his role was that of executive producer.

I was the tracking engineer along with a few other enginners.

kevin
Old 14th February 2007
Lives for gear

Thank you Kevin!

We have seen her live a couple times, and what a show she and her awesome band put on!

Cheers!
Old 23rd February 2007
engineer / producer / mixer

Talking

Drew,

Shakira is an amazing performer and not a bad singer either ...heh heh heh
K
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search