The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
reverbs, hardware vs software? Convolution?
Old 6th February 2007
Gear Nut

reverbs, hardware vs software? Convolution?

Dear Kevin, a question from here in Colombia
do you find yourself using more plugin reverbs or hardware reverbs, plus, what are your ideas on convolution.

Its been great to read your perspective and your experiences over the years, thank you for this and hope you become a regular here.
Old 8th February 2007
engineer / producer / mixer

CISKO,

In the analog domain I use mostly the real thing, plates , chambers and some hardware boxes, Eventide H4000 and H3500. The 480 L is also a favorite .

In DAW world I use Revibe and TL Space, even D Verb sometimes.

I like convoltion verbs, some are really good at modelling the spaces ...

Kevin
Old 13th February 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Killen View Post
CISKO,

In the analog domain I use mostly the real thing, plates , chambers and some hardware boxes, Eventide H4000 and H3500. The 480 L is also a favorite .

In DAW world I use Revibe and TL Space, even D Verb sometimes.

I like convoltion verbs, some are really good at modelling the spaces ...

Kevin
would you give us some ideas on what you use on vocals? I just bought TL Space and I find myself messing around with it but most of the time I replace it with renaissance reverb at the end - maybe I didnt find the right presets on vocals yet

of course every singer is different but I`m talking about starting points...

on drums I use the EMT 140 short plate all the time

thx
Old 14th February 2007
engineer / producer / mixer

Pete,

The presets are just a staring point. Its rare that I end up using that because I need to tailor it to the track.

I will try either a basic plate or room setting to begin with on TL or Revibe and then experiment from there. Sometimes I will change it completely to a different patch for a new section of the song.

But its really about hearing the "potential"of the preset and modifying it siut the song you are working on.

Hope that helps somewhat.

kevin
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search