The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Tell me about Kiko!
Old 1st February 2007
Gear Head

Talking Tell me about Kiko!

Kiko is one of my favorite albums of all time. Do you have any fun facts about the making of this record? Perhaps some insight on how some of the psychedelic elements were achieved...
Old 2nd February 2007
engineer / producer / mixer

I beleive most of the credit deserves to go to the brillant Tchad Blake. he has such a unique grasp of sound that when Mitchell Froom called me in to record the last song ("Wake Up Delores") it was a daunting challege to make it fit in with the rest of the material. We cut the track live and overdubbed and mixed it in a day and a half. Its a bit of a blur to be honest and I may have to go back and check out the track to be able to answer the question properly.

But really, its kudos to TCHAD..... He rocks
Old 2nd February 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Killen View Post
I beleive most of the credit deserves to go to the brillant Tchad Blake. he has such a unique grasp of sound that when Mitchell Froom called me in to record the last song ("Wake Up Delores") it was a daunting challege to make it fit in with the rest of the material. We cut the track live and overdubbed and mixed it in a day and a half. Its a bit of a blur to be honest and I may have to go back and check out the track to be able to answer the question properly.

But really, its kudos to TCHAD..... He rocks
Maybe it was a blur because you flew in directly from London to track that song!! Nothing like a little jet lag to spice things up...

I assited you for that day and a half.

JP
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search