The No.1 Website for Pro Audio

Supported By Bogren Digital
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Jens and his business partner Jay have been gracious enough to supply us with 10 copies of their IR pack to give away to lucky GS...

Whitecat
replies: 2 views: 1,643
Whitecat 17th July 2020

A warm welcome to Jens Bogren, master of metal! We're super excited that he's on board for this Q+A....

Whitecat
replies: 1 views: 1,168
Nick Morris 26th June 2020

Just in case you are new to our Q+A formats...! === 1) All questions and followup questions are moderated in advance... submit...

Whitecat
replies: 0 views: 1,646
Whitecat 28th May 2020

This has been a fantastic Q&A - thanks very much for doing it! Pls tell us about your journey with Bogren Digital...

Jules
replies: 2 views: 725
Jules 4th August 2020

Hi Jens Can you please describe your approach in bass when you mix ? Thanks a lot

matrix
replies: 9 views: 1,938
Hal 22nd July 2020

Hey Jens! I'm curious what hardware units you find most essential to your workflow/sound? And the applications in which you...

pardonband
replies: 1 views: 842
Jens Bogren 20th July 2020

Hi Jens! Do you take any steps to ensure stereo information collapses to mono without sounding all phasey/mushy? Particularly...

robsilentcity
replies: 1 views: 708

Hi Jens...again From what I understand you are using harmonic distortion a lot. Can you give some examples ? I mean in which...

matrix
replies: 1 views: 694

Hi Jens, thank you for this! I wanted to know - Would you generally prefer mastering using stems or would you prefer using a...

Aaron Balakay
replies: 1 views: 447

Hi Jens, thanks for doing this. Do you find yourself working more on your NS10’s or the Barefoots? Do you prefer one for...

Oroz
replies: 1 views: 496

Hello Jens, HUGE fan of your work here. Since a lot of questions have been covered, I would like to ask, out of your experience...

Gegge
replies: 1 views: 608

Hi Jens! Love your work, you have mixed several of my favourite albums! One of my all time favourites are The Great Cold...

andypandydandy
replies: 4 views: 936

Hi Jens ;) do you have any favourite reference mixes (by other mixers or yours) that you tend to use? do you have specific...

The-Zeronaut
replies: 2 views: 852

We’ve had an absolute blast - this has been a great Q+A for us as we’ve not had anyone in with near the depth of experience...

Whitecat
replies: 2 views: 541
Jens Bogren 19th July 2020

Hi Jens, Great fan of yours, I really enjoy your work, and thanks a bunch for the chance to post some questions. I have two...

Christian A
replies: 1 views: 659
Jens Bogren 15th July 2020

Your work is often so well gelled; but you also make the lead guitar perfectly cut through the mix (I mean dead on) Any quick...

s wave
replies: 1 views: 630

Hi Jens! Great job on the cabinet impulses release! Happy owner here!! I'd like to ask you, how do you go about mixing...

Greg_56
replies: 1 views: 560

Greetings, Jens! Thanks for taking the time to answer questions here :) I am curious about your approach to setting final...

Jackkosto
replies: 10 views: 1,409

Hi Jens, another fan of your work! Soilwork's, The Living Infinite is absolute audio perfection! A couple of...

robsilentcity
replies: 1 views: 571

Good day, Jens! I was wondering what your thoughts are on setting up dual/quad tracked guitars with regard to amps, cabs, and...

DivideByZero
replies: 1 views: 851
Jens Bogren 13th July 2020

Hi Jens Have you thought about making your own signature drum samples ? Much like the cab IR's they could be useful not only...

matrix
replies: 1 views: 816

Hello Jens I love your works!! What do You Think about summing devices? Some favourite? From What I understand You mix ITB...

Hal
replies: 1 views: 923

Thanks for doing this Q&A. Im really fan of your great work kfhkh Sometimes I like the sound of a fender tele for some...

musicmixer04
replies: 1 views: 578
Jens Bogren 12th July 2020

Thanks for doing the q&a Jens. Also huge thanks for doing the two NTM sessions. They have been very instructive to me. I...

manicompression
replies: 1 views: 496

Hi Jens, thanks for doing this! What elements of pre-production do you focus on, and how do you feel it helps your...

DarkandKurious
replies: 1 views: 460

Hi Jens, thanks for agreeing to be part of this! My question concerns your mix aesthetics: Katatonia's ''Great Cold Distance',...

DarkandKurious
replies: 2 views: 635
DarkandKurious 12th July 2020

Hi Jens! I would like to know if, when working in a full album, do you load the whole thing in one project or do you use a...

HoracioCastro
replies: 1 views: 610

Hi again ! There's a thread about tracking, but I'm also interested in your thoughts about mixing (heavy)...

Jackie Moon
replies: 1 views: 715

Hello Jens, greetings from Mexico. I would like to know your approach for tracking drums - What do you want to achieve...

aethyr
replies: 4 views: 1,323
Jens Bogren 10th July 2020

Hi Jens! You mentioned many times how listening environment is important. When you said on NailTheMix "Depends on your...

Mahdes
replies: 4 views: 1,018
Jens Bogren 10th July 2020

Hi Jens, Do you consider Alesis D4 (basically the same as the SR16) drum sounds to be hopelessly dated sounding or so you...

Squeegee 303
replies: 1 views: 701
Jens Bogren 8th July 2020

Hi Jens Do you think that by lowering (or making thinner) the snare in the mix results in a more 3D sound ? Perhaps because...

matrix
replies: 1 views: 750

Hi Jens!! thanks for doing this ;) I have a couple of questions about your philosophy/workflow of using compression during...

The-Zeronaut
replies: 1 views: 722

Hi Jens, I've been a fan of your work since I listened to James Labrie's Static Impulse (2009/2010?) because somehow it...

BlackwingGabriel
replies: 1 views: 810
Jens Bogren 7th July 2020

Thank for the Q&A, Jens! I think there's an idea that once someone gets to your level, all the band related drama goes...

Jacenty
replies: 1 views: 612

Hi Jens, I've been observing your work and the evolution of some of your aesthetic preferences as a mix engineer for a long...

Phosphenetre
replies: 2 views: 761
Phosphenetre 7th July 2020

Hi, Jens! Massive fan of your work its amazing how many of your mixes I use as reference rockout If you don't mind this is...

The-Zeronaut
replies: 1 views: 649

Hi Jens! Thanks for all the great info you've provided so far and for your excellent contributions to heavy music. Would...

element0s
replies: 0 views: 372
element0s 6th July 2020

Hi Jens, Thank you very much for doing this Q and A, I have admired your work for years! I have a few quick questions: I...

B36arin
replies: 2 views: 969
B36arin 6th July 2020

Hi Jens, I love your work, it's great to have you here. I got your cab IR's and they are excellent. Can you describe the way...

matrix
replies: 3 views: 903
Jens Bogren 6th July 2020

Hi, Jens! For years I've been listening to your mixes in different genres and tried to understand how you achieve these results:...

Max Molodtsov
replies: 1 views: 786
Jens Bogren 5th July 2020

Hi Jens, and thank you for doing this! To my ears, your productions and mixes definitely have a sound to them (and what a...

Yule
replies: 1 views: 652
Jens Bogren 5th July 2020

Hi Jens, Thanks for taking the time. My question is about real drums in your mixes. How much of your final mixes is real...

DirkB
replies: 1 views: 947
Jens Bogren 3rd July 2020

Hey Jens, what's your approach to mixing downtuned guitars and bass? Thanks!

jugetsu85
replies: 5 views: 1,748
Jens Bogren 3rd July 2020

Hi Jens— Love your work. Your work sounds different from artist to artist, as it should, while maintaining a consistent level...

Matt Smith
replies: 2 views: 1,362
Matt Smith 1st July 2020

Hi Jens, What's your favourite sorce for drum samples? Any sample library you can recommend for modern metal tones or you use...

jakelorenz
replies: 1 views: 1,206
Jens Bogren 1st July 2020

Hi Jens, Massive fan of your work for a decade and counting now! While I know in the pop music world, a rough mix from the...

Phosphenetre
replies: 1 views: 793
Jens Bogren 1st July 2020

Hi Jens, I've always thought of your mixes as sounding "soft" which in my opinion is a big reason why they work so...

stephenkerr
replies: 1 views: 1,113
Jens Bogren 30th June 2020

Hey man, Thanks for taking some time to do this Q&A ! It wouldn't be gearslutz without a question like this one so there...

Jackie Moon
replies: 1 views: 1,461

Eh from Canada Jens! Your mixes seem to have more depth and breathe more than some of the other super ultra slammed Metal mixes...

Sacha
replies: 3 views: 1,259
AAGG 30th June 2020

Hi Jens, Thanks for doing this, I have heard lots of your work and it's amazing to have you here! Could you share some...

bambamboom
replies: 1 views: 1,077

Hi Jens, I'm such a fan of your work. I loved Quadra! I've been a fan of Sepultura since the Schizofrenia-Beneath The Remains era...

Oroz
replies: 1 views: 1,435
Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search