The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Favourite source for drum samples
Old 1 week ago
Favourite source for drum samples

Hi Jens,

What's your favourite sorce for drum samples? Any sample library you can recommend for modern metal tones or you use your own samples?

Thanks!
Old 1 week ago
The million dollar question. :-)

I have a lot of samples lying around, but I've created a library from a few good ones that I've come across, but half of it is my own stuff from successful sample sessions over the years.

From the commercially available packs, there are some from GGD, Slate, and Drumforge that can see some use. It's almost inevitable to use samples on some level when mixing metal. I do, however, take some pride in always trying my very best to crank a usable sound of the live drums, no matter how bad they may sound, and then support with samples where and when needed. Never the other way around. I would never base the sound around samples.

If I look to myself and what I like to listen to, I prefer a "worse" sound that is more natural any day of the week compared to something that sounds embarrassingly artificial. Relatively speaking.
πŸ“ Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
πŸ–¨οΈ Show Printable Version
βœ‰οΈ Email this Page
πŸ” Search thread
♾️ Similar Threads
πŸŽ™οΈ View mentioned gear