The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Real Amps vs Digital Emulations
Old 4 days ago

Real Amps vs Digital Emulations

Hi Jens, I'm such a fan of your work. I loved Quadra! I've been a fan of Sepultura since the Schizofrenia-Beneath The Remains era and Quadra is on of my favorites.

Thanks a lot for doing this.

What's your opinion about real amps vs Kemper or any of the plugins emulations. Do you still prefer to record with real amps? Why? Do you think that plugins have come a long way and are at least competitive? Do you record with plugins or Kemper or Fractal from time to time? If so, what percentage of your productions have digital emulations?

Thanks in advance!
Old 3 days ago
Thanks man! Well, there is this elusive "glue" to a real amp/cab that is hard to get with digital equivalent. At least that's my impression. If I wouldn't have had the option to use real amps, I would try harder with the digital though.

To be fair, I've done that journey when it comes to analogue consoles. There was a time when I thought I could NEVER mix with Pro Tools. Recallability became more important for my workflow, and I learned how to make it work for me.
📝 Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
🖨️ Show Printable Version
✉️ Email this Page
🔍 Search thread
♾️ Similar Threads
🎙️ View mentioned gear