The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Punch Brothers
Old 17th June 2017
Here for the gear

Punch Brothers

Firstly, thank you for your time; I'm a big fan of your work.

Can you please describe your approach to tracking a group like Punch Brothers? (Mics, live vs overdubs, placing the musicians in the room)

What effects were used on the record?

Thanks again!
Megan
Old 18th June 2017
Gear Maniac
I'll second. Who's Feeling Young Now is sublime, along with Ahoy! (same session, I think?). Any thoughts or recollections about harnessing the emotional velocity (the swell in the chorus vocal on Don't Get Married Without Me, the sway of Another New World and the glorious surge at the end) would be most welcome. You can feel the change of weight without the mechanism itself (if there is one) being apparent.

Thanks for the music, and best wishes -

Michael
Old 18th June 2017
special guest

Thanks for the positives here... Please see my reply yesterday to the "Creating Space" where I basically wrote about this... If I left something out let me know... Best wishes

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search