The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Roleplay Studio Headphones
Old 15th June 2017
Roleplay

Hi Jacquire - thanks for doing this, big fan!

I'm curious about your mindset towards a project depending upon the role you're undertaking.

How does a project you're producing, engineering and mixing differ from a project that you'll be handing off to another Mixing Engineer?

For example, you produced, engineered and mixed Kings of Leon's "Use Somebody", which sounds incredible. How do you dive into a project like that knowing that you'll be juggling three different responsibilities and how do they inform each other?

On the contrary, how is your focus different to a project like James Bay's incredible "Hold Back the River" which was mixed by Michael Brauer?

Best,
Old 18th June 2017
Q & A Guest

I'm not sure that I go in with a different mind set at all.. I try to put 100% of myself into it regardless.. The only difference is when I'm handing something off I need to make sure that I've made every effort to make what I give to a mixer be clear and well organized, If I'm mixing there are perhaps things I know I can still fiddle with to get it across the finish line.. I treat it all the same, at least I try to.. I'm not sure this is much of an answer but I just show up and do my best and I know I'm valuable but don't think I'm the final word on anything or the "be all, end all", I just work hard until I get a result myself and the artist feel good about...
Top Mentioned Products
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search