The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Mixing With Your Eyes?
Old 14th June 2017
Here for the gear

Mixing With Your Eyes?

Hi Jacquire,

I really admire your work so i really appreciate you doing this Q&A!

I was wondering how often you find yourself processing something because you're so used to doing things that way? For example.. putting an EQ on a kick drum and boosting 60hz because you know that's what you will want to hear?

Do you look at a spectrum analyser whilst EQing?

If so how do you stop your eyes from distracting your ears? Or what do you ask/tell yourself so you know exactly what you're are listening for?

Thanks you,
Jordan

View most liked answer
Old 18th June 2017
special guest

Good question and honestly it's a struggle to not repeat yourself too much... I certainly fall into repeated tracks or habits but also purposefully change the way I do things every so often to stretch and learn as well as make my brain and ears have to figure out new approaches... It's also one reason I seek out all kinds of different musical opportunities to participate in so I can try to stay fresh.. I do not look at an analyzer often while working but do use one to look at the stereo mix buss to make sure I'm not missing something and as a security blanket.. Listening away from the computer is always advised... Best
Topic:
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search