The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Producing the person Effects Pedals, Units & Accessories
Old 13th June 2017
Gear Nut

Producing the person

Hey Jacquire, thanks so much for your time.

I was wondering if you could provide any insight into how you approach the working relationship with an artist you are producing. For instance, how do you go about presenting ideas to them, whether it be about changes to their song, orchestration or adding parts? How do you start your relationship off on the right foot?
Old 15th June 2017
special guest

I first try to understand what they are after and what if any vision they can share with me that they have.. I ask them about the ideas behind the songs, What is the inspiration, feeling they have for things... it's not that I'm going to do exactly what they are describing but just getting a sense of their ideas... I express my desire to partner with them and lead them through the process... it's about trust and establishing communication and that is different for each person, it really is a personal interaction and that is very broad.. I always try to be veery respectful and open in conversation and only assert an opinion of controversy in the most constructive way I can... but also you have to be forthright and truthful... It's just about communication... You have to be connected to the process fully...

I hope something I said helps...

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search