The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Parallel processing Equalizer Plugins
Old 12th June 2017
Gear Head

Parallel processing

Thanks again for doing this Q&A, Jaquire!

I'm curious as to your parallel chain:

For example, when parallel processing drums ITB with compression:

Do you send to the parallel bus from each individual instrument eg kick, snare? or do you send to the parallel buss from the drum buss?

Then do you send the parallel bus to the master? Or do you send it back to the drum buss?

Thanks so much!

Alex
Old 15th June 2017
Here for the gear

Crazy parallel or side chain techniques

Hey Jacquire, just wondering what is, in your opinion, the wackiest and weirdest side chain or parallel technique, you have used?

I don't mind if its subtle or aggressive, as I like creating more abstract pieces. So if it sounds cool to you, Ill take it.

Thanks for your time man, its appreciated.
Old 16th June 2017
special guest

I use parallel bussing on groups of tracks, rarely individuals.. For the whole drum kit I have a duplicate group buss that has the parallel compression on it going to the mix buss... I combine kick and snare (sometimes toms) to a buss that routes through the drum bussing and rooms the same way... I buss kick snare and bass together but that would go to the stereo buss... in a way it's just up to you in the way you want to have things combine through processing and if you have enough delay compensation to get it to happen...

Weirdest parallel... can't think of anything to crazy but I do like to use filters like the Moog or Filterfreak to put a resonant edge with some shift around on things to make them pop out more
Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search