The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
What is your Journey as a Producer
Old 11th June 2017
Lives for gear

What is your Journey as a Producer

Hi Jacquire, when and what was the process of you becoming a producer on top of being an engineer, was it something you really wanted to do or it came out naturally and you went for it? What was your musical background for that kind of work?
And at last who were your inspiration or mentor as producers?
Old 13th June 2017
special guest

When I started out all I was thinking about was learning how to make records and I trained as an engineer to get going... I didn't know or think about the roles and as I started to engineer small projects I'd end up participating in the creative process, I always felt like I could help and guide the process... I never worked under a producer for a long stretch but could see how that worked and saw more engineer/producers in action than just strictly producers... I was inspired by Tom Dowd, Ruddy Van Gelder, John Hammond, Jimi Hendrix, Rick Rubin, Brendan O'Brian to name a few... I came out naturally and my musical background is starting to play a little guitar & bass as a teenager, getting into samplers and early hip hop and sampled music making... I decided the studio was my instrument more than anything and I'm still learning about it all today... Producers come in all forms and you just need to be the creative partner to help an artist achieve their vision
Old 13th June 2017
Lives for gear

Thank you very much.
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search