The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Space
Old 8th June 2017
Here for the gear

Space

I highly admire your work because each instrument on your productions have own personality and soul. Even if most of the productions aren't close to genre that I like, the overall effect of the songs is really something special. When I'm listening to James Bay "Chaos and the Calm" album, the space around each instrument is really beautiful. I know that it was recorded in Blackbird studio and there are moments when vocal chamber is used. However what about:
- Guitar in Hold back The River Entry, is it natural ambience? How this reverb was created?
- The same question for vocal in the entry...
What would be your general advice on creating artificial spaces in a song, how to create unique space for each instrument using reverb/delay.

Thank you very much for your answers!
Old 13th June 2017
special guest

The intro guitar uses a few reverbs in the sound, pedal, amp, and chamber as a combination... The vocal is a plate... & for creating space around a voice I use 2 to 3 reverbs and delays in combination, short and long combined, asa well as discreet effects for each instrument while recording and mixing
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search