The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
1073 UAD/Analog Shootout: biggest difference Reverb/Delay Processors (HW)
Old 5th June 2017
Here for the gear

1073 UAD/Analog Shootout: biggest difference

Thanks so much for taking the time to do this, Jacquire! I'm wondering what was the biggest difference you noticed in shooting out the UAD vs. 1073, and if there is anything you'd advise compensating for on the UAD version to get closer to the analog sound?

Thanks again!
Old 7th June 2017
special guest

Neve 1073

The biggest difference is that the plugin is a great emulation of a "golden" 1073 and does not have individual character across several instantiations which when working with a Neve dest of multiple units you would get as a combined Neve sound... The other thing I would say specific to the plugin is that at times on some sources it can sound a little brittle or harsh but that can be compensated by using something in addition going in to help smooth that out... It has a similar feel in the way the EQ curves work and the tone is very close so if it's not giving you what you need then maybe Neve is not the answer sometimes. Hope that helps
Old 8th June 2017
Gear Addict

Great job on the video ,I can hear a slight difference especially on the drum overheads,they are more detailed in the low end and have more defined stereo image.but very close ,and the average listeners would never hear that difference.i wish they did the lex 224 and rmx vs hardware.that would be nice.....overall uad kicked ass!!!!,
Old 10th June 2017
Quote:
The other thing I would say specific to the plugin is that at times on some sources it can sound a little brittle or harsh but that can be compensated by using something in addition going in to help smooth that out...
If you don't mind can you elaborate please? Any tips? Thanks in advance
Old 12th June 2017
special guest

If let's say the 1073 EQ (all plugins I'm talking about here) is the right choice but a little harsh sounding when you adjust it to give you what you need then maybe adding a tube type compressor will mellow it out or back off the EQ a little and find a less colored EQ to finesse it the rest of the way
Top Mentioned Products
Topic:
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search