The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Summing amps Summing Mixers
Old 1st June 2017
Gear Addict

Summing amps

Hi Jaquire,

Thank you for the forum! I am curious what got you into using external summing. I've just gone from a large format analog to a 32-fader D-Control. In my experimenting with a few summing amps, I'm not certain that I am hearing a significant improvement.

Your thoughts?

Thanks,

Jim
Old 8th June 2017
special guest

Summing

If I'm understanding you are not hearing an advantage over summing ITB vs with an external summing situation.. I think we are now able to get a great result ITB with a comprehensive mixer scheme but it's always been easier to get great imaging, full smooth response, and glue in an analog summing situation.. It's close enough that it's really up to what the user feels they can create and feel good about doing it. I'm to the point that ITB works great for me and then sometimes just a simple analog stereo bus treatment is all I might want to maybe compare it too. I still will mix in a fuller hybrid situation at times but it's rare and it has to be the right feel and timeline
Old 10th June 2017
Gear Addict

Thanks! Makes sense to me.
Old 11th June 2017
special guest

Have you tried the Roll Music Folcrom? That is my favorite with my Quad8 Pre's... APIs would be great too
Topic:
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search