The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Sponsored By
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

We are super thrilled to have the living legend that is Geoff Emerick join us for a 2-week Q+A. Just wanted to say thanks in...

Whitecat
replies: 0 views: 1,698
Whitecat 29th June 2018

1) All questions and followup questions will be moderated in advance... submit your question ONCE as a new thread and it will...

Whitecat
replies: 0 views: 1,545
Whitecat 29th June 2018

Geoff Emerick is without a doubt one of the most innovative and influential audio engineers of all time. Pioneering such...

Whitecat
replies: 0 views: 1,963
Whitecat 29th June 2018

holà did you come across any technology in your post-beatles work you wish that would have been available earlier on...

deedeeyeah
replies: 1 views: 803
Geoffemerick 20th September 2018

Hello Geoff, I've noticed the Beatles records often have a very crisp and present sound (especially the early stuff in relation...

St Vitus
replies: 1 views: 1,376
EisaMo 5th September 2018

G'day Geoff, Can you tell us a little about approaches to EQ back in the 60's? With plugins, these days, it could be argued...

hello people
replies: 2 views: 1,746
hello people 25th August 2018

In your book "Here, There and Everywhere" you shared how you overloaded the Fairchild to create more excitement on the...

Deuce 225
replies: 1 views: 1,296
Geoffemerick 24th August 2018

Hi Geoff. Thank you so much for all the time you put in while you were engineering those great records with The...

Pyeguy
replies: 1 views: 1,452
Geoffemerick 24th August 2018

Hey Geoff. Thank you for taking the time to do this! Im curious if there are any plugins you use and how they compare with the...

S_A_P
replies: 1 views: 1,458
Geoffemerick 23rd August 2018

Hi Mr. Emerick, thank you very much for doing this. I'm recording a singer songwriter (just voice and guitar) this weekend...

Don Edgar
replies: 1 views: 842

Hello Geoff, Thanks for doing this. My question is about the edit at the end of the chorus. As you may know, a very poor...

Drumsound
replies: 1 views: 1,336

Hi Geoff, Even though the White Album and Abbey Road were recorded with a relatively short amount of time between them, the...

Funkybot
replies: 5 views: 4,612
S_A_P 15th August 2018

Hey Geoff, Any insights on how you mic'd and tracked acoustic guitars and harmony vocals on America stuff? The guitars...

thenoodle
replies: 1 views: 776
BatMeckley 12th August 2018

Update 31 July!!! Geoff wants more questions!! Now that the Masterclass is done & dusted... (videos coming soon, we're...

Whitecat
replies: 1 views: 1,119
Geoffemerick 7th August 2018

Hi Geoff, On your production of Elvis Costello's album "Imperial Bedroom" (one of my favorite records) it sounds...

Wizards Machine
replies: 1 views: 1,034

Hi Geoff. I've always loved the sound of Paul's bass on Mrs. Vanderbilt and tried to emulate it many times and would love to...

SongShark
replies: 1 views: 1,030

Hi Geoff, (I need to mention this before: You had the kindness to answer me as I wrote a letter to you five years ago about...

arnoldorodeo
replies: 1 views: 1,458

Hi Geoff, Can you tell us about the string sound(s) on Eleanor Rigby? I feel like it was one of the first rock songs with only...

chrischoir
replies: 3 views: 2,829
radel1102 24th July 2018

Hi Geoff I can't imagine the difficulties in such a massive undertaking so I'll restrict my questions to a basic nature....

Alndln
replies: 3 views: 1,247
kafka 21st July 2018

Hi Geoff, I'm interested in your thoughts on the EMI-brand tape sound they used in EMI's studios and what you liked and used...

JoeyM
replies: 1 views: 2,042
Geoffemerick 19th July 2018

Hi Geoff, Something I've never been able to find out. When working with Gino Vannelli, what mic(s) did you use for lead...

aremos
replies: 2 views: 1,382
aremos 18th July 2018

Thank you for doing this and for all your great work. I have heard different accounts of how Paul's bass was recorded throughout...

vincentvangogo
replies: 2 views: 2,155
vincentvangogo 17th July 2018

Hi Geoff, I’ve heard stories of how the Fairchild Limiter was attached between the desk and the tape machine during...

juniorhifikit
replies: 3 views: 2,547
Drumsound 8th July 2018

Hi Geoff, It would be great if you could tell us your ways of creating depth in mixes. What do you do if you want to push...

mrc
replies: 2 views: 2,835
kennybro 8th July 2018

With the current consoles out there today, is there one that you prefer working on the most and if so why? Thanks

Jason rocks
replies: 1 views: 2,410
Geoffemerick 7th July 2018

Hello, also loved your book and really well done. I think many of us wonder what it would have been like to observe those...

ZEF
replies: 1 views: 2,392
Geoffemerick 7th July 2018

Hey Geoff! Any general advice for interns/studio assistants to set themself above the bell curve in terms of studio etiquette...

phunkay
replies: 1 views: 1,390
Geoffemerick 5th July 2018

Hi Geoff, There is a story that been floating around for years surrounding the first installation of the original Air Studio...

Deuce 225
replies: 4 views: 2,341
Deuce 225 5th July 2018

not a question of "which had the best gear" but out of the studios you worked in which one gave you more inspiration...

Preston135
replies: 2 views: 1,995

Hi Geoff, looking good sir. I'm curious about the mix of 'Give a Little Bit' by Supertramp. Can you tell me your approach to...

chrischoir
replies: 1 views: 1,584

Hi Geoff, awesome to have you here. I loved your book Here, There and Everywhere. My question is about track eq for the...

mamm7215
replies: 2 views: 2,605
mamm7215 2nd July 2018

Geoff, The fashion when I joined this site was to use a pseudonym, but my name is Jeff Sanders. I worked at Crystal Studios in...

Bushman
replies: 2 views: 1,660
Bushman 2nd July 2018
Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search