The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Q+A with Geoff Emerick

Sponsored By
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

We are super thrilled to have the living legend that is Geoff Emerick join us for a 2-week Q+A. Just wanted to say thanks in...

Whitecat
replies: 0 views: 639
Whitecat 2 weeks ago

1) All questions and followup questions will be moderated in advance... submit your question ONCE as a new thread and it will...

Whitecat
replies: 0 views: 572
Whitecat 2 weeks ago

Geoff Emerick is without a doubt one of the most innovative and influential audio engineers of all time. Pioneering such...

Whitecat
replies: 0 views: 682
Whitecat 2 weeks ago

Hi Geoff, Something I've never been able to find out. When working with Gino Vannelli, what mic(s) did you use for lead...

aremos
replies: 2 views: 460
aremos 44 minutes ago

Thank you for doing this and for all your great work. I have heard different accounts of how Paul's bass was recorded throughout...

vincentvangogo
replies: 2 views: 780
vincentvangogo 22 hours ago

Hi Geoff, I'm interested in your thoughts on the EMI-brand tape sound they used in EMI's studios and what you liked and used...

JoeyM
replies: 0 views: 444
JoeyM 3 days ago

Hi Geoff, Even though the White Album and Abbey Road were recorded with a relatively short amount of time between them, the...

Funkybot
replies: 1 views: 1,346
Harry_O 1 week ago

Hi Geoff, Can you tell us about the string sound(s) on Eleanor Rigby? I feel like it was one of the first rock songs with only...

chrischoir
replies: 0 views: 553
chrischoir 1 week ago

Hi Geoff I can't imagine the difficulties in such a massive undertaking so I'll restrict my questions to a basic nature....

Alndln
replies: 0 views: 175
Alndln 1 week ago

Hi Geoff, I’ve heard stories of how the Fairchild Limiter was attached between the desk and the tape machine during...

juniorhifikit
replies: 3 views: 1,256
Drumsound 1 week ago

Hi Geoff, It would be great if you could tell us your ways of creating depth in mixes. What do you do if you want to push...

mrc
replies: 2 views: 1,611
kennybro 1 week ago

Hi Geoff, I have always loved the sound of Tommy Keene's "Songs From the Film" and consider "Places That Are...

Conan12
replies: 0 views: 29
Conan12 1 week ago

With the current consoles out there today, is there one that you prefer working on the most and if so why? Thanks

Jason rocks
replies: 1 views: 1,228
Geoffemerick 1 week ago

Hello, also loved your book and really well done. I think many of us wonder what it would have been like to observe those...

ZEF
replies: 1 views: 1,345
Geoffemerick 1 week ago

Hi Geoff, (I need to mention this before: You had the kindness to answer me as I wrote a letter to you five years ago about...

arnoldorodeo
replies: 0 views: 398
arnoldorodeo 1 week ago

Hi Geoff. I've always loved the sound of Paul's bass on Mrs. Vanderbilt and tried to emulate it many times and would love to...

SongShark
replies: 0 views: 31
SongShark 1 week ago

Hi Geoff, On your production of Elvis Costello's album "Imperial Bedroom" (one of my favorite records) it sounds...

Wizards Machine
replies: 0 views: 31
Wizards Machine 1 week ago

G'day Geoff, Can you tell us a little about approaches to EQ back in the 60's? With plugins, these days, it could be argued...

hello people
replies: 0 views: 38
hello people 1 week ago

In your book "Here, There and Everywhere" you shared how you overloaded the Fairchild to create more excitement on the...

Deuce 225
replies: 0 views: 35
Deuce 225 1 week ago

Hey Geoff! Any general advice for interns/studio assistants to set themself above the bell curve in terms of studio etiquette...

phunkay
replies: 1 views: 830
Geoffemerick 1 week ago

Hi Geoff, There is a story that been floating around for years surrounding the first installation of the original Air Studio...

Deuce 225
replies: 4 views: 1,529
Deuce 225 1 week ago

not a question of "which had the best gear" but out of the studios you worked in which one gave you more inspiration...

Preston135
replies: 2 views: 1,208
Geoffemerick 1 week ago

Hi Geoff, looking good sir. I'm curious about the mix of 'Give a Little Bit' by Supertramp. Can you tell me your approach to...

chrischoir
replies: 1 views: 976
Geoffemerick 1 week ago

Hi Geoff. Thank you so much for all the time you put in while you were engineering those great records with The...

Pyeguy
replies: 0 views: 230
Pyeguy 1 week ago

Hi Geoff, Thanks for agreeing to the Q&A, many of us have long waited and wondered if you would join us. My question is...

Yummerz
replies: 0 views: 1
Yummerz 1 week ago

Hi Geoff, The Zombie's Odessey & Oracle is a top-10 record for me (you worked on a few albums in my top 10). Any...

Funkybot
replies: 0 views: 240
Funkybot 2 weeks ago

Hi Geoff, what do you think about the sound of modern productions compared to what you were taught/exposed to in the 60s-70s? Do...

Farmboy presents
replies: 0 views: 176
Farmboy presents 2 weeks ago

Hello Mr. Emerick, it is truly an honor to be in the same "room" with the GOAT! A few questions... When...

macle
replies: 0 views: 200
macle 2 weeks ago

Hi Geoff, I was wondering if you recall which was the first experimental move/trick you did on a Beatles session that gave you...

bicarbone
replies: 0 views: 96
bicarbone 2 weeks ago

Hi Geoff, awesome to have you here. I loved your book Here, There and Everywhere. My question is about track eq for the...

mamm7215
replies: 2 views: 1,643
mamm7215 2 weeks ago

Geoff, The fashion when I joined this site was to use a pseudonym, but my name is Jeff Sanders. I worked at Crystal Studios in...

Bushman
replies: 2 views: 1,188
Bushman 2 weeks ago

I assume that most folks here want to ask you about your experiences with The Beatles... ...But what OTHER recording...

12ax7
replies: 0 views: 281
12ax7 2 weeks ago

Soo wonderful to have you join us Geoff. I was wondering what great things you learned from others in your engineering life? We...

rwsand
replies: 0 views: 89
rwsand 2 weeks ago

Hi Geoff, Very exciting for me to ask you this question directly: if you had to choose One currently made compressor for...

oranzil
replies: 0 views: 221
oranzil 2 weeks ago

Hey again Geoff- What was the general procedure to transfer the Lagos tapes once you were back in London? I believe I've read...

thenoodle
replies: 0 views: 341
thenoodle 2 weeks ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search