The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Artists today ?
Old 7th July 2018
Artists today ?

Hi Geoff,

(I need to mention this before: You had the kindness to answer me as I wrote a letter to you five years ago about your brilliant book. I keep your manuscrite letter preciously here in my home studio so thanks again for this!)

Back to the topic :
What is your opinion about nowadays production? Are you a bit nostalgic when you look at these 60s 70s era or do you think there are many artists of today that deserve to be mentioned? Of course I speak of singers as well as producers (and sound engineers)

Once again thanks for the wonderful sonic heritage you gave to our "young" generation !!!

Arnold
Old 7th August 2018
Hello Arnold, this is a hard one to answer, by email because it really worthy of a long discussion, of course there are many noteworthy Artists, producers and engineers of today and the techniques are very different from when I started. But I Still work today as far as possible as to how I used to work which is recording as near as possible everybody together, which leads most times to a better arrangement of the song and music, to me its' like making a film, plugins I rarely use, I like to create my own sounds and effects. I know this is only a sketchy answer to your question, as I said it needs a longer discussion one on one. Best Geoff

Geoff Emerick
Geoff Emerick | Emerick Beats
Audio Engineer Masterclass
IG @ geoffemerick
FB @ officialgeoffemerick
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search