The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Give a Little Bit Dynamics Processors (HW)
Old 5th July 2018
Lives for gear

Give a Little Bit

Hi Geoff, looking good sir.

I'm curious about the mix of 'Give a Little Bit' by Supertramp.
Can you tell me your approach to that mix? especially the wonderful acoustic sound.

Thank you
Old 5th July 2018
The mixing for this song was very complicated as were some of the other songs. the reason was that on the original recordings they were running out of tracks and consequently there were many instruments etc. on the same track which had to be fitted into the final mix and they needed individual treatments eq. etc. So i had to copy those parts onto another 24 track to give them there own track so that I could treat them individually {I hope this is making sense} and so we are now running two 24's in lock to make the mixing process easier, the mixes I guess took quite a long time to finish. I can only assume that the acoustic guitar sound was with the Fairchild 660. {Side note you have to remember that this all happened some forty years ago and I'm answering this as best as my memory will allow}

Geoff Emerick
Audio Engineer Masterclass
IG @ Geoffemerick
FB @ Officialgeoffemerick

Last edited by Geoffemerick; 5th July 2018 at 06:12 PM.. Reason: no mentions
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search