The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Best Pro Audio SWAG Keyboard Synthesizers
Old 6th December 2002
SawSlut

Just got another shirt from the band I'm currently working on, Pitbull Grin. Emblazoned on the back in big, friendly letters, is the ever so subtle "GO **** YOURSELF"
Old 6th December 2002
Here for the gear

Best Swag

Besides the usual t-shirts, pens, candy, pocket screwdrivers, etc, one year at NAB I got very lucky. The Amek booth was runing a contest to win a Channel in a Box (it had just come out) and get to meet Mr. Neve. You had to guess how many capacitors were in a big jar on the counter. What's really funny about the whole deal was I was shopping for a new console for the TV station where I work and none of the Amek booth monkeys would give me the time of day. After trying for like 10 minutes to get someone to give me a demo, I was leaving in a huff when I spotted the contest sign. I was still fuming when I placed my hands on either side of the jar, closed my eyes and felt a number pop into my head. I filled out the entry, dropped it in and promptly forgot about the whole incident.

A few weeks later, I had a voice mail from someone at Amek asking me to call them back. No details. Thinking it was a sales follow up I thought about the way I had been treated by the jerks in the booth and ignored the call. She called and left messeges like twice more and the third time she says "YOU WON SOMETHING, CALL ME BACK!". Ok, now they had my attention. Turns out I had the closest guess on the caps! I was also supposed to get to meet Mr. Neve, but they never came through with that. Oh well, at least I got a cool channel strip.

Studer, now those people know how to treat customers. I have a nice Studer watch (keeps perfect time), multiple t-shirts and have been taken to some great dinners.

Guess who we bought four consoles from over the last few years?
Old 6th December 2002
pan
Lives for gear

Them still build consoles at studer?
Old 6th December 2002
Here for the gear

Yes, them still do. Mostly to broadcasters.
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search