The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Favorite 2-bus processors
Old 1st December 2002
Lives for gear

Favorite 2-bus processors

I'm about to get myself a Neotek series 1 board for analog summing and eq out of my computer.

Being that i've been doing almost everything in the box for the last year and 1/2, I was wondering what processors i should consider for the 2-bus.

I guess the SSL style compressors are very tempting but I want to know what other choices are out there and what else other professionals are using.

I mix a lot rock music as well as a lot of hip-hop, so i guess versatility is a must.

Thanks!
Old 2nd December 2002
Lives for gear

Compressor wise:
Crane Song STC-8M (more versile, the H version ain't too schabby neither)
Alan Smart (harder)

Eq wise:
GML8200
Keep an eye on the Crane Song Ibis as well...

Convertor wise (if app)
Weiss ADC-1
Old 2nd December 2002
Jax
Lives for gear

For converters, I think you should check out Mytek 8X96 in addition to the others mentioned.
Old 2nd December 2002
One with big hooves

Mytek converters are pretty solid, I'm way happy with mine. The Alan Smart & SSL compressors really do have a sound to them. Great for some stuff and about as subtle as a freight train. If you can only afford to get one compressor for the 2-buss I'd look into something cleaner with less of a signiture. For EQ on a budget the Specks are decent. I'm using a pair for that right now. I was hoping Brad and Dave would be able to hook me up with an Ibis for this project but they didn't have one. Renting a GML or Focusrite Blue (the mastering one) was in the budget for a while but got axed. Either way I'm happy with the ASC's on the mix buss.
Old 2nd December 2002
Lives for gear

API 2500
Old 2nd December 2002
EQ: Sontec (although the Ibis might usurp that soon...)

Comp: Crane Song STC-8
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search