The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Collaboration with Spitfire Audio - The Labs
Old 19th June 2018
Collaboration with Spitfire Audio - The Labs

Hi Eskmo,
so this video of a Spitfire audio competition to finish a skeleton track you made landed in my inbox this morning:
(video was taken down)

Doing some reading link turns out it's an invitation to finish that track using their libraries.

Could you tell a little about this project? What's it about? Your creative choices?
Thanks!

Last edited by Reptil; 6th July 2018 at 01:27 PM.. Reason: video disappeared
Old 27th June 2018
special guest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reptil View Post
Hi Eskmo,
so this video landed in my inbox this morning:
(video was taken down)

Doing some reading link turns out it's an invitation to finish that track using their libraries.

Could you tell a little about this project? What's it about? Your creative choices?
Thanks!
They hit me up as they are releasing these new free packs for people to play with. They asked for a 1 min piece using the two packs they put out and done in a way where other people could take my file and write on top of it.

So I figured a nice straight ahead piano thing was a good starting place. I pitched the strings down to make some other textural stuff around the pianos. Was fun, and was only a couple hours one afternoon.

Last edited by Reptil; 6th July 2018 at 01:27 PM.. Reason: video disappeared
Old 27th June 2018
Thank you!
If you don't mind some questions about sampling: Do you use samples often? If yes how do you organize those? My sampler lib is chaos so I'm asking for pointers.
Also, since you're a fan of recording ambient sounds, do you use those much in production? You have these loaded in sampler instruments, or just fit these in a timeline?
Old 5th July 2018
special guest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reptil View Post
Thank you!
If you don't mind some questions about sampling: Do you use samples often? If yes how do you organize those? My sampler lib is chaos so I'm asking for pointers.
Also, since you're a fan of recording ambient sounds, do you use those much in production? You have these loaded in sampler instruments, or just fit these in a timeline?
Samples as in sample packs? Or as in Kontakt instruments?

I do have samples, almost exclusively just drums, loops and hits. Honestly mine is a bit of a mess as well.

I use my field recordings all of the time to layer my drums or synth sounds. I usually just have them as audio clips in the timeline. Depending on what I want to do though, I will load them into a sampler to do some fun pitch stuff.
Old 6th July 2018
Kontakt instruments.

Cool, thanks for the answer!
Topic:
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search