The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
From eye to ear
Old 11th June 2018
Lives for gear

From eye to ear

Hello

I was wondering what kinds of visual experiences (art, film, landscapes, etc.) have influenced and informed your music.

Thank you!
Old 12th June 2018
Special Guest

Quote:
Originally Posted by asynchro_nous View Post
Hello

I was wondering what kinds of visual experiences (art, film, landscapes, etc.) have influenced and informed your music.

Thank you!

Oh too many to list. I have a form of synesthesia which influences me probably above all others, maybe.

I’ve been lucky enough to travel for my music and every single spot I’ve been to has influenced me in some way. I’d say the deepest longest lasting ones though are the trips where I’m deep in nature. Visually the Redwoods in California to this day inspire music in me. Yosemite, Kings Canyon here in California. The waterfalls and caves I’ve seen in Iceland. The countryside of Japan.

Any films with strong, unique cinematography have inspired me. Psychedelics visualizations have influenced me. Meditation retreats. Seeing monks working on a farm in France. A number of artists, sci fi films. Too many to say honestly as my sense of music and the images I see in my head are so linked that it’s hard to clarify.
Topic:
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search