The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Mixing and Mastering
Old 10th June 2018
Mixing and Mastering

Greetings Eskmo,

It's great to hear that you're using soft synths and Kontakt instruments in your work. I also highly value the quality of these tools as they can sound amazing on a track.

I was wondering if you do your mixing and mastering in or out of the box

Cheers mate!
Old 12th June 2018
Special Guest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synth Guru View Post
Greetings Eskmo,

It's great to hear that you're using soft synths and Kontakt instruments in your work. I also highly value the quality of these tools as they can sound amazing on a track.

I was wondering if you do your mixing and mastering in or out of the box

Cheers mate!
I currently write, produce and mix all my own stuff, and all the mixing is in the box. The only thing I haven’t mixed myself was the Selena Gomez tune I did with her last year, was mixed by Tony Maserati and he did a great job.

I use outboard stuff to create sounds or running mix bus through, but not mixing necessarily.

I don’t master my stuf, it’s always sent out to various people depending on the project. Over the past few years I’ve worked with Shawn Hatfield and Reuben Cohen and they both have lovely hybrid setups of lots of outboard and a few particular plugs.
Old 12th June 2018
Here for the gear

Regarding mastering - if You send your music to the mastering guys. Do you export them stems, or grouped sounds or just a single wav file?

Can you tell us more about the plugins and hardware You use?
Old 27th June 2018
Special Guest

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrzej00 View Post
Regarding mastering - if You send your music to the mastering guys. Do you export them stems, or grouped sounds or just a single wav file?

Can you tell us more about the plugins and hardware You use?
Mastering is always with a single stereo wav/aif file. The only time I've had a track mixed by someone else (them using my stems) is for the Selena Gomez tune I did and the label was paying for it, so I was happy to send it off.

Hardware:
Not tons but i will say im very happy about my recent overstayer modular purchase. I love it.

plugs:
all uad, fabfilter stuff, soundtoys, oeksound, zplane, soundtheory, DMG audio
Topic:
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search