The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Q+A with Erol Alkan

Options 2nd Hand Synths
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Many thanks Erol! The Q&A has been great. kfhkh

Reptil
replies: 0 views: 1,272
Reptil 3rd May 2016

For our next Q&A guest, we've managed to secure a very talented producer from the UK. His name is Erol Alkan and he's doing a...

Reptil
replies: 6 views: 2,439
EROL_ALKAN 20th March 2016

You can post questions from today! You post your question as a new thread in this subforum. Just like starting a new subject in...

Reptil
replies: 0 views: 865
Reptil 15th March 2016

What's your go to unit/pedal for driving drum machines?

wisdom
replies: 4 views: 1,855
EROL_ALKAN 3rd May 2016

Erol was just wondering if you could let us in on a few tricks / tips you employ in the box... Unfortunately my studio is totally...

testpatterns
replies: 1 views: 931
EROL_ALKAN 3rd May 2016

Hi Erol, I'm going through your productions and having a lot of fun. I noticed the new track "Diagram Girl" that you...

Reptil
replies: 3 views: 779
EROL_ALKAN 3rd May 2016

You mentioned you like to recording everything as close to perfect as possible. Do you use an external sequencer before...

Denski
replies: 1 views: 853
EROL_ALKAN 3rd May 2016

What current producer(s) do you think are creating exceptionally unique sounds/productions?

Denski
replies: 1 views: 951
EROL_ALKAN 3rd May 2016

Hi Erol, I've never hear you play live in a room, hopefully that will happen someday. I have some questions please regarding...

Reptil
replies: 2 views: 939
Reptil 22nd April 2016

Hi Erol, a really simple question please: Do you have any tips when producing electronic dance music? Any technical issues people...

Reptil
replies: 2 views: 1,026
Reptil 22nd April 2016

Hi Erol, I have another bunch of questions for you please? How can beginning artists, producing or playing live (or DJ-ing) best...

Reptil
replies: 2 views: 959
Reptil 22nd April 2016

Hi Erol, Is there a particular time you like to start in the studio, night owl perhaps? And do you like some liquid...

RobJB06
replies: 1 views: 693
EROL_ALKAN 21st April 2016

Hi Erol, I love how your tracks translate to different systems from clubs to smaller home/laptop stereos, you always seem to...

acidoplacido
replies: 3 views: 1,336

If you could fit your studio gear into Bill & Teds phone box, travel back to the 60s/70s. Who would you like to produce and...

Denski
replies: 1 views: 744

Hi Erol - just wondering what you're favourite/ go to plugins are, both in synths, effects and mixing Thanks!

testpatterns
replies: 1 views: 934

Hi, thanks for doing this Q+A thingie. I was wondering that how do you normally arrange your tracks when it comes to...

justjoo
replies: 2 views: 1,084
justjoo 17th April 2016

Hi Erol. You mentioned in one of the previous questions asked that you had a UA interface. Which plugins are you using from it...

akdigital
replies: 1 views: 1,220
EROL_ALKAN 16th April 2016

I think I (and by extension everyone who had a headset while I used to play it playing Cod 4) listened to your rework of Forever...

energizer bunny
replies: 2 views: 806
energizer bunny 10th April 2016

Hello Erol First i want to say, that's i'm a big fan of your production as the produser and as the dj for a long time, much...

GrandMasterStorm
replies: 1 views: 882
EROL_ALKAN 9th April 2016

Hey, thanks for answering my last question! I was also wondering after listening to the new Ghost Culture club track what...

wisdom
replies: 1 views: 1,017

Hi Erol. Thank you for your time in this Q&A here on GS. My question is about Liveset arrangement (but i think that this...

DamZ
replies: 1 views: 1,032

What is you main source for drum sounds? a drum machine? samples? And how you usually process kicks and snares?

dchalfon
replies: 1 views: 1,575
EROL_ALKAN 7th April 2016

Hi Erol, in the Future Music feature, I saw that you still have the Octave CAT in your studio. Which revision is it and how do...

Equalizer85
replies: 2 views: 1,183
Equalizer85 7th April 2016

Hi Erol, Can you please give any advise on how to approch a label (like yours or others) with demos? Is it the music that...

jaycee21
replies: 3 views: 1,516
Personator 5th April 2016

Hi Erol, Thanks again for taking the time to do this. I've been thinking about how to best phrase this question since I saw you...

Mild
replies: 2 views: 924
Mild 3rd April 2016

Hi Erol as a fairly non super exposed pop producer what's your take on the whole streaming artist renumeration issues in this day...

suspect1
replies: 2 views: 1,449
LobCity 2nd April 2016

Hi Erol Just got a few questions here 1. I'm a big fan of yourself and you're one of the main reasons I got into Electronic...

Markbun
replies: 0 views: 801
Markbun 1st April 2016

can you give us some wild and crazy anecdotes regarding collaborations with boys noize? studio hijinx, creative process,...

rmj
replies: 1 views: 1,214
EROL_ALKAN 1st April 2016

Hi Erol, you mentioned a nice pre amp going in a few times. Do you have a go to piece of kit for this or do you jump around...

suspect1
replies: 2 views: 1,336

Hi Erol another small question please: Do you ever record midi or is it all about the performance for you?

suspect1
replies: 1 views: 1,225

Hi Erol, I noticed from pics online you have quite a lot of monosynths not too many polysynths, any plans for something awesome...

RobJB06
replies: 1 views: 1,349

Hi, I remember a particularly fun gig in Dublin just after you'd done an essential mix, which still gets a listen the odd...

Denski
replies: 0 views: 830
Denski 1st April 2016

Are you the Producer, Artist or DJ. If you had to only be one.. What do you think is the defining difference between those...

WildOneTruss1
replies: 2 views: 1,234
WildOneTruss1 1st April 2016

Why aren't there more questions?! I'm totally going to take advantage of the lack of questions by throwing you a ton! I've...

akdigital
replies: 2 views: 1,316
akdigital 30th March 2016

Hey Mr. Alkan Considering the vast amount of mics out there old and new. What would you say is the one that you are more...

vintagetones
replies: 2 views: 2,004
machkeys 30th March 2016

.. but I was away during Easter but now I am back.. Erol

EROL_ALKAN
replies: 1 views: 1,044
Reptil 30th March 2016

Hi Erol, Love some of the records you put out on Phantasy. My question is short and simple - if you could only have one...

elasticc
replies: 2 views: 1,742
elasticc 30th March 2016

I'll kick it off - 1. 3 bits of gear to write a track. Apart from a computer 2. What's your honest opinion of the music scene...

Kansaispirits
replies: 1 views: 1,168
EROL_ALKAN 30th March 2016

Hi Erol, thanks so much for this. I just had a general question maybe you can tell us a few things about the Beyond the Wizards...

msl
replies: 3 views: 1,545

Hi Erol, Loved you long time. Your rework of this track is v. hot. There are some absurd panned sweeps/wobbly uprisings in this...

masaski
replies: 1 views: 1,026

Hi Erol! Thanks for taking the time to answer all the questions really cool of you dude. My question: Daniel Avery/James...

akdigital
replies: 1 views: 1,330

Hi Erol I'm loving the output of your Phantasy label, and the work you do. I've been a massive electronic music fan since...

mutilatedlip
replies: 2 views: 1,274
mutilatedlip 22nd March 2016

Hi Erol, great to have the opportunity to ask you about your work. kfhkh Can you please take me through the process how you...

Reptil
replies: 1 views: 1,455

Hey Erol, always a joy to check your mixes, you and Daniel Avery very much remind me of Weatherall in sound and attitude towards...

Gunark
replies: 3 views: 2,175

H Erol, Correct me if im wrong but i remember an Future Music mag interview where you mentioned an Sh-1 trick for big bass on the...

RobJB06
replies: 1 views: 2,009

Hey Erol, great to have you here. "Twenty One" is one of those records I love putting on in the summer to just while...

Whitecat
replies: 1 views: 1,329
EROL_ALKAN 18th March 2016

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search