The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Diagram girl
Old 21st April 2016
Diagram girl

Hi Erol, I'm going through your productions and having a lot of fun. I noticed the new track "Diagram Girl" that you produced with Richard Norris. Can you please tell us a little more about how that came about? I like the "Re-Animation" version in particular with only the vocal of Hannah Peel in a great wash of reverb. How did you record those, and how did you guys mix it and with what?
Thanks!

https://shop.phantasysound.co.uk/pro...download-ph-51
Old 21st April 2016
Special Guest

Hey!

DG was a track which had been knocking around for a while, I originally sang it but didn't want to appear on a record *singing*, so Hannah came down and I recorded her with the track sped up around 15bpm, so when it was slowed back down she was in the same register as the demo. Th strings are a mixture on a Juno 6 and Logan String Melody, the bubbling synth is a heavily processed MS20.. Think I used the Audiotechniica 4040 on Hannah, she is a pro, total 1 take wonder!

Track was mixed with Steve Dub in the Phantasy studio, it didn't take long as the track was recorded in quite well, we just went round the houses on vocal fx, think there are 2 different reverbs and 2 delays on Hannah, but really subtle in the mix..

Re-Animation took about 3 hours as it was already obvious what it needed to do, so programming it was easy
Old 22nd April 2016
The song that wrote itself. thanks
Old 3rd May 2016
Special Guest

Thats what one should always aim for, don't force it
Topic:
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search