The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Wide mixes
Old 11th April 2016
Here for the gear

Wide mixes

Hi Erol,

I love how your tracks translate to different systems from clubs to smaller home/laptop stereos, you always seem to nail it when creating a sense of depth and width on your mixes.

Are you able to explain what your techniques are to achieve the above without losing the punch and power so required at clubs?

Thanks!
Old 16th April 2016
Special Guest

Hey!

Thank you. I use the Logic native 'Stereo Spread' plug in A LOT! I almost use it as a form of EQ as you can really place a sound and give it a really natural boost of FQ in certain ways, it works by phasing out certain frequencies which itself enhances parts of the sound. It's a really powerful plug in

I also use a lot of side chain compression but never to the point where something pumps too much
Old 17th April 2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by EROL_ALKAN View Post
it works by phasing out certain frequencies which itself enhances parts of the sound.
Can I ask. Do you find when doing this technique with the stereo spread tool, that when you solo that track, due to the phasing smear, the track sounds very wierd, but in context in the mix, it sounds good & set back in the mix?

or, if not just say! It'll help me understand this effect, either way

Thanks, j
Old 21st April 2016
Special Guest

hey,

try mono-ing in the bass and lower mid signal, and only widen the top end, it'll make more sense then
Topic:
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search