The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Favourite drive pedal/unit for drum machines?
Old 25th March 2016
Lives for gear

Favourite drive pedal/unit for drum machines?

What's your go to unit/pedal for driving drum machines?
Old 30th March 2016
Special Guest

Hey Wisdom

For overdriving anything it tends to be the Culture Vulture, something I've had since 2005 and used frequently.. I'll put it across anything, even if used lightly it does something which feels right. I also love pushing the absolute hell out of it, and sometime set up a channel with the Vulture on the most manic, musical setting I can find, but bury the return signal low in the mix. It's musicality within distortion makes it so flexible.. If there any good alternatives to the CV I'd love to know..
Old 30th March 2016
Deleted 8456dd3
Hi Erol, the Thermionic Rooster is similar to the CV just not so brutal.
I dont have one yet, but the Elysia Karacter looks like a great stereo overdrive/distortion tool if you have an API lunchbox, not tube.. but Elysia always make top quality sounding gear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EROL_ALKAN View Post
Hey Wisdom

For overdriving anything it tends to be the Culture Vulture, something I've had since 2005 and used frequently.. I'll put it across anything, even if used lightly it does something which feels right. I also love pushing the absolute hell out of it, and sometime set up a channel with the Vulture on the most manic, musical setting I can find, but bury the return signal low in the mix. It's musicality within distortion makes it so flexible.. If there any good alternatives to the CV I'd love to know..
Old 1st April 2016
Here for the gear

I found the AMTEC DST-5A to be a great compliment to the CV. Just like the CV it shines on so many sources. Different color. Very flexible anywhere between subtle harmonics and total destruction.
Old 3rd May 2016
Special Guest

Thanks! Useful stuff
Topic:
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search