The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Octave CAT
Old 24th March 2016
Here for the gear
Octave CAT

Hi Erol,
in the Future Music feature, I saw that you still have the Octave CAT in your studio. Which revision is it and how do you use it? Thanks!
Old 30th March 2016
Special Guest

Hey!

I currently have 2 actually, I'm looking after another one for a friend who is travelling... Ermm, not sure which revision is it to be honest. I know it used to belong to Big Audio Dynamite if that helps?

I tend to use when I want something quite demented, as it has a beautiful way of sounding in sync when deeply out of sync, so you really never know what you will get.. I have a Transcendent Polysynth which can do something similar but the Cat has such a grain and depth to it which is always there..
Old 7th April 2016
Here for the gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by EROL_ALKAN View Post

Ermm, not sure which revision is it to be honest. I know it used to belong to Big Audio Dynamite if that helps?
Hey Erol thanks a lot! It would be interesting which version it is, since they changed it several times along the way. I own a SRM II which is very different in terms of sound and connectivity compared to the original one. That's why it would be nice to know how you connected yours. Thanks in advance!
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search