The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Meeting new clients
Old 21st April 2012
Lives for gear

Meeting new clients

Hi Jay,

I must say, You have quite an impressive list of clients.

I am always cautious and weary of my attitude and behaviour when discussing a potential project with new people.

I always wonder.... How do you approach the initial meeting/encounter when dealing with new clients.... Especially the types of BIG names you work with....

Just a little insight into the mind game you may, or may not play while trying to seal the deal with BIG names who are still shopping their producer.

I guess at this stage, your C.V. speaks for itself, but still.... where YOU are sitting, you still want to seal the deal...
Old 23rd April 2012
Q & A guest

Quote:
Originally Posted by passenger View Post
Hi Jay,

I must say, You have quite an impressive list of clients.

I am always cautious and weary of my attitude and behaviour when discussing a potential project with new people.

I always wonder.... How do you approach the initial meeting/encounter when dealing with new clients.... Especially the types of BIG names you work with....

Just a little insight into the mind game you may, or may not play while trying to seal the deal with BIG names who are still shopping their producer.

I guess at this stage, your C.V. speaks for itself, but still.... where YOU are sitting, you still want to seal the deal...

Know all the tech stuff like the back of your hand, and be yourself. Even the BIG names are people too. When you're relaxed, you're at your best. I wouldn't worry about playing any mind games. Go to your meeting, be present and listen to what they have to say, and you'll react in the appropriate manner.
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search