The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Q+A with engineer / producer / artist - Alan Parsons

Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Somebody is bound to post this, so I figured it might aswell be me. Is there any order you like to tackle elements of a mix...

themadnun
replies: 1 views: 7,782
Alan Parsons 20th May 2010

Hi, and thank you for doing this! What's your opinion on the importance of AD/DA converters for a great professional...

Fhl
replies: 1 views: 7,348
Alan Parsons 20th May 2010

First, thanks for this amazing oportunity. You are part of the music history, in 200 years people will talk about DSOTM and how...

Subversounds
replies: 1 views: 7,227
Alan Parsons 16th May 2010

Hi Alan, You did my friend Tom Hartman's record in the late 60's at Abbey Road. The sounds on the record are fantastic. I'm...

Hamburg58
replies: 1 views: 4,965

there is such a major difference between the 2 albums..what do you attribute that to?

Sigma
replies: 1 views: 6,850

Mr. Parsons, Let me add another thank you for doing this. Your achievements need no further adjectives here. While a common...

Turdadactyl
replies: 1 views: 9,084

Hi Alan, Please solve this everlasting mystery for us: What's going on during the opening track for Steve Harley's Best years...

vaas
replies: 2 views: 5,959
vaas 12th May 2010

Hi Alan, Which new technological advance in music -- at any point in your career -- changed the way you make music forever?...

bossman
replies: 1 views: 7,496
Alan Parsons 11th May 2010

Mr. Parsons, Have you had an opportunity to use the Chandler products, such as the TG-2 Abbey Road edition?

Turdadactyl
replies: 1 views: 9,394

hey alan, thanks so much for taking the time here. your work is an inspiration to us all! there is so much mystique...

alschnier
replies: 1 views: 9,566

I was wondering how you record your sound bites of non musical fills, do you actually bring those things into the studio???...

Bubbakron
replies: 1 views: 6,308

Dear Alan, I am thrilled to see you answering questions here. Naturally, DSOTM was one pivotal album from my youthful days,...

brianroth
replies: 1 views: 7,493

Hi Alan, What aspects of the recording process really pushed and challenged you the most when recording Dark Side of the Moon?

jeffeaston
replies: 1 views: 8,030

Hello, It seems from reading your replies to the threads here that your approach to music/engineering is one of using...

farjedi
replies: 1 views: 5,391

Great of you to do this Q & A ...I admire your work a lot! When tracking "Silence & I" ...did the rythm...

Oli P
replies: 1 views: 5,727

Alan, Lifelong fan here, and I Robot to me, stands as a pinnacle of pop music, equally as good if not better than Dark Side. ...

Mazo Audio
replies: 2 views: 6,411

Hi Alan, Thank you again. Regarding the Beatles "Monitor Mixes", can you explain how these came about and what they...

hAPIguy
replies: 1 views: 6,419

I was just wondering if you'd heard the Flaming Lips' version of Dark Side of the Moon? If so, what did you think of it?

blue_thunder
replies: 1 views: 6,857

Hey Mr. P, All I have to ask you is what was your motivation for getting into the recording industry? Besides the money, what...

medearis
replies: 1 views: 5,465

Hi Alan, I am a huge fan of your work, and I was wondering- what is your favorite band of all time? I'd like to know who...

Veecheech
replies: 1 views: 7,689

Just after the chorus the line "lookin' at you" is the only component in the song that has an obvious treatment of...

Vum
replies: 1 views: 6,805
Alan Parsons 9th May 2010

Mr. Parsons, firstly, thank you for doing this. Secondly, I'd like to firmly congratulate you on your many accomplishments. I...

Unrealworld82
replies: 1 views: 6,478

Hi Alan, Dark Side of the Moon has been a huge influence on my work. The crisp clear energy and space created is second to none. ...

tomeford
replies: 1 views: 6,030

Hello Alan! I have always been in awe of Pink Floyd's uncanny ability to pull the listener into their music in a hypnotic or...

swamp therapy
replies: 1 views: 9,395

Thank you Mr Parsons for taking time to talk with us this week! Given that much of your work has come to define what Rock...

doug hazelrigg
replies: 1 views: 8,127

Hello Mr. Parsons, Thanks so much for taking part in this form. Thanks also for the A&SoS project which I'm enjoying as...

XXXEsq
replies: 1 views: 6,453

Hi Alan - How do you usually write songs? Lyrics first? Music first and vocals / lyrics later? Do you start with...

baskervils
replies: 1 views: 6,607

Hey Alan. I just started working at Expression College in San Francisco, CA and was up all night doing my first session in our...

andersmv
replies: 1 views: 5,748

howdyJust wondering if you ever intend or have thought of new projects(recordings) with any of the original Project musician's?...

trevort
replies: 1 views: 5,374

Hi Alan This is such a great opportunity to learn from the master! What instruments do you play yourself? Thanks Victory Pete

Victory Pete
replies: 1 views: 6,983

Hi Alan, I love your work! After downloading several of your tutorial videos (which are great by the way), I noticed that you...

SOLOIST101
replies: 1 views: 9,839

Hey Alan, First off let me start off by saying that this is a really cool thing for you to do, I usually browse this forum...

Veecheech
replies: 1 views: 5,623

Alan, how would you say your hearing has evolved and matured over time? Not necessarily better or worse, but more of what stands...

makoto
replies: 1 views: 6,791

Alan, Thank you for your time and you giving back to a community whom you have inspired so much. Have you worked or are...

virtualsamana
replies: 1 views: 5,723

Hi Alan, How do you go about preparing for a session, more in regards to past work with people like Paul McCartney and Pink...

Deleted User
replies: 1 views: 5,734

Thanks for taking the time to read this. In my opinion, Dark Side of the Moon is one of the best sounding recordings ever. I...

blue_thunder
replies: 1 views: 7,965
Alan Parsons 7th May 2010

What is your approach to getting the low end right? I absolutely love the way the lows interact with the mix on...

Darm
replies: 1 views: 9,038

Hi Alan, first of all, thanks a lot for your music and art, you've made my mind sweetly travel a lot. Can you tell us the...

TotoreRastaman
replies: 1 views: 7,553

. DSOTM STORIES!? Thanks for any fun behind the scenes tidbits you can recall! Joseph Briggs - Producer,...

Sqye
replies: 1 views: 6,852

I simply have to ask: what was the cheesiest stunt you've ever pulled in the studio to achieve an effect .. and then have it turn...

johnny nowhere
replies: 1 views: 7,886

How was the time when you were young and starting at Abbey Road, beatles...and etc...something to share? Thanks a lot, im a...

Daniel Pampuri
replies: 1 views: 7,267

First of all we're all so thrilled to have you here sharing your wisdom with us. I'm sure over the years you've developed...

Karim Sinno
replies: 1 views: 8,143

Hi Alan, I'd just like to start by thanking you so much for doing this What would be your best advice for someone as young and...

Deleted User
replies: 1 views: 5,318

Obviously the face of music and recording has dramatically changed since the 'golden years' of rock'n'roll... For a couple...

headspin
replies: 1 views: 5,808

I am finding it incredibly hard to find other people as dedicated as I am to work on music together, which forces me to be...

sargentpilcher
replies: 1 views: 6,665

Hello and thanks! Any memories(engineering or otherwise) that stand out regarding the making of either Atom Heart Mother or...

reason108
replies: 1 views: 5,254

With all of your experience, how would you say changes in technology over the past few decades have most affected the music...

MovingPictures07
replies: 1 views: 5,323

Hi Alan I bought the re-worked Tales album in 1987, which remains one of my favourite albums of all time. It seems to me that...

bilbobagginses
replies: 1 views: 4,914

Hi Alan - Thanks for your time.. Dark Side of the Moon is so well produced it would be great if you could name some of the...

HomeStudio1
replies: 1 views: 8,233

Hey Alan, I want to preface this with the biggest declaration of admiration for you and your work that I can. Like a lot of the...

JBrodsky
replies: 1 views: 3,921

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search